close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEW Sub 40 Shot at Brighton!!!!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BCarver, Sep 17, 2006.

1. BCarver

BCarver Millennium Member CLM

It's not official, but I've received word that Grady Whitelaw shot a 38.7 at Brighton this weekend.

Grady...........everyone is waiting to hear ALL about it!!!

Congratulations,
    Bobby:dancing: :dancing: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancing: :dancing: :wave:

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

WOW -------- That would beat Dale's 38.80 at Richmond. Look out for Conyers. Congrats Grady. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :50cal: :dancingbanana: :number1: :rock:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

congrats grady, guess the shooting tips i gave you at dinner last nite paid off :rofl:

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

CONGRATS GRADY!!!!

Gee, I wish I had been at supper last night! ;)

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Grady...congrats and keep cutting down obstacles for the rest of us...:thumbsup:

6. Terminator

Terminator

Grady, your the man!!!!!!!!!
    Conrats :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

7. GLW

GLW

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I had a great time, made all the sweeter by having my 9 year old son Dean with me. The conditions were perfect for shooting. I was rested for a change. Got some great advise from Ede at dinner the night before! I changed my recipe for my 9mm reloads two days before which really helped my groups. And basically was "in the zone" while shooting, especially on the plates, which just looked like man-hole-covers! My slowest run was 2.35 sec and my fastest was 2.25 for a total of 9.28 sec with the unlimited gun on the plates. That was fun!!

There is one thing though which should be noted. As much as I like the new format with the variety of courses of fire (I really think it was needed to spice things up), some of these new options are a bit faster to shoot than the old courses were, in my opinion at least. The ones at Brighton were faster. I'd be reluctant to claim that this was a better score than Dale or even some posted by others previously who may have shot a tougher course of fire. It may not be apples to oranges but maybe oranges to tangerines!

For those of you who I saw at the range, thanks for saying hello. Got a chance to meet Glockess and saw Dennis and some of the Indy crowd. Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement and I look forward to seeing you in Conyers!!

8. Don At PC

Quote from Grady:

"Got some great advise from Ede at dinner the night before"!

Now I am really hurt. I gave old (I use that term very loosely here) Ede some of my best GAP Ammo at Ft. Benning and he never gave me any good advise. :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :rofl: :banana:

9. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Wow congradulations grady!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am going to have to get back in the game soon,I getting left behind.
    Looks like no conyers for me this year. Me and the wife are in the process of buying a house, and the closing is the weekend of the conyers match. Oh well, Hopefully soon I will be back in the game ,I am really looking forward to shooting some of the new set-ups.

But Like I have always said,family and home come first then play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck to everyone at conyers and watch out for grady(the flash)whitelaw.
    Looks like him and dale are the guys to watch.

Jeff

10. Don At PC

"Grady The Flash Whitelaw" sounds good, I will have to remember that. :tongueout: :rofl: :banana: :thumbsup:

11. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Don you want some good advice, shoot slow and shoot straight. now you want some real good advice, don't listen to anything i say. i'm suprised someone with gradys abilities even knows my name or who i am and he sure isn't loking to me for tips.

12. Clem

Clem

Sorry so late, but CONGRATS to you, Grady, for raising the bar even higher!! Keep up the great job!! Tony & Donna.

13. Don At PC

Actually your first sentence says it all for any new or amature class shooter. As for Grady being so personable; that's just Grady and other super Master Class shooters like, Bobby Carver, Dale Rhea and Tony Clemens. They put their knowledge, skills and personality into the sport to not only do great themselves but also to help others gain knowledge and skill. I am an extremely mediocre amature class shooter and I have not yet met any Matser Class shooter in GSSF who was not more than happy to help with good pointers and have always treated me no differently than any other shooter. That is one of many great things about GSSF. I am probably the low man on the totem pole as far as shooting with Team Carver but I get the same encouragement as any other team member, have some good scores occassionally and am made to feel right at home as a Team Carver Member. I am honored and proud to be a Team Member.:thumbsup:

14. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

My experience exactly. Need testimony?

:faint: You did WHAT...?!?! :clown:

:patriot:

15. Don At PC

I felt sorry for the "Old Guy" and since I am a transplanted "Buckeye" I thought it was only appropriate to show him a little "Southern Hospitality" .:tongueout: :wavey: :rofl: :rofl:

16. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

What a gentleman... I know people that can sniff out GAP ammo at 1000 yds; and tackle you for it. :supergrin:

Well done, Suh!

:patriot:

17. DaleRhea

DaleRhea

Grady,

Congratulations on a GREAT match. Sorry for the late post, I just came off a two week road trip and just now saw the news. What a great run on the plates YOU DA MAN!!!.

I agree that some of the new setups seem faster but you had to shoot very well to do what you did in any case.

Again congratulations.

“He’s on our team.”

Dale