close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new STI Mag with TP basepad

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by akula, Aug 27, 2006.

1. akula

akula BizDuc NM Millennium Member

I have a couple of old STI mags that can do 17-rounds reloadable.

Recently, I bought a new one. Finish is much slicker compared with my 5-year old mags. Follower is new-style. The mag-catch hole is also bigger. I installed an old TP-base pad, and capacity is only 16 :(. I tried the red arrendondo follower (also old). Though I got 17, yung follower umiikot yata sa ilalim. When I cycled it, nag-stick yung follower sa ilalim, at nag-'jingle-bells' yung mga bala. I have an extra SVI follower, but I'm not comfortable to use it, para madali lang mag-fly away yung follower. BTW, yung new follower wont fit on the old bodies without modifications.

Paki-share naman ng ideas on how I could maximize this new STI mag? (17 rds - reloadable)

Thanks.

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

j, try mo yung grams follower and spring kit. best spring for the sti mags accdg to the BE forums

3. mtho

mtho

bagong klase ba yung svi follower mo? di yata pareho yung svi follower sa sti follower. i have extra brand new arredondo sti followers, inserts and wolffe spring if you need any.

4. jasonub

jasonub

I also have original brand new dawson precision international base pad plus 1. if you need one

5. akula

akula BizDuc NM Millennium Member

DocIvan > Thanks sa leads mo. Mey Grams ba nabibili dito sa atin? Arredondo lang nakita ko.

mtho > Thanks for the offer. Actually I have an extra Arredondo STI follower, yung red. Yung bago yata, white teflon. Bago ba porma ng white over red?

jasonub > How much is it? Kasya ba yan sa IPSC box with the STI body?

6. jasonub

jasonub

it is designed to be used in ipsc standard division in an sti/svi

its expensive but worth it

My asking is the cost at shooters connection.

selling it since i have too many extra basepads

this plus the sps tube and svi followers with wolf spring will give you a 19 round mag.

sti tubes can get a maximum of 18 non reloadable with a lot of tweaking without cutting coils which in my opinion is a jam waiting to happen.

sps tubes you can get 18 reloadable with sv follower and ismi springs and dawson basepad without tweaking. you can also get the 18 reloadable using their 18 round mag followers and springs. I suggest replacing the plastic basepads since its common for it to crack or give in and a lot of shooters have experienecd this. I also prefer ismi since i demand the best performance for me to give my best performance.

with tweaking you can get a 19 round mag on the setup above but you willl need to get wolf springs(cut) svi follower(trimed) and dawson/cr speed/ gunsmith made basepads that are deepened a little

My asking is 22 dollars or 1150 pesos for it. Picture at our buy and sell thread. (its black)

heres the link

DAWSON BASEPAD

7. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

Jason, do you have to modify the sps tube to fit an sti or svi frame?
    Thanks!

8. jasonub

jasonub

some shooters in the usa report such. in my experience, you dont need to modify it to fit. Infinity ata nagmodify pa, since it wont drop free.

also it hits the slide when you shoot prone and press down on the basepad

9. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

I_am_Infinity, share mo naman set up ng sps mags mo:)