close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Stainless steel guide rod scratches and burrs

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Simplejack, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Simplejack

Simplejack

Got my Stainless steel guide rod from ILOVEMYGLOCK on Amazon and I was a little let down by the quality of the product.
    See the scratches and Burrs?
    Does anyone have this on their Gen 4 SS guide rod?
    The end is after I use fine 800 grit sand paper softly and use Flitz polish on my dremel and the scratch will just not go away..
    Looks like they used a belt sander and I'm not sure what made the half circle scratch marks..

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  2. DASA

DASA

Thanks for posting! I was considering a solid guide rod for my Gen 3 G20 from these guys but I might pass after seeing what they sent you. I hope they can make it right for you. Let us know how it goes.

3. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Seems like one of those "I had some spare time and started making these in my garage" things.

4. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Wow. That's uhhhh, hmmmm.. QC issues??? Maybe they're not interested in returning customers. Other than the obvious scratches and burrs how's it look?

5. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

forget how it looks, does it work well?

maybe it's just like the Glock....doesn't look too nice, but works like a champ.

(sometimes)

6. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Right right. Tell us how it works?? Btw, I did notice the amazon reviews. A whopping two. One very positive, another said it broke after just a very short time. Ya, I know, can't tell anything from such relatively non-existent feedback. What kind of packaging did this thing come in? Curious.

7. Simplejack

Simplejack

Small zip lock bag and a small bubble wrap envelope, not even a invoice inside.

8. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

I wonder if they took the springs out of a Glock OEM Recoil Spring Assembly and incorporated them into production?

Anyway, I hope it works very well for you.

9. Simplejack

Simplejack

Yeah I'm going to send them a message about how unhappy I am and send them a link to this thread. I think they go by the name Glockpolishing on Ebay? But I might be mistaken. I think they use the same images and the prices are almost the same.

Here is a picture of it on the gun. Doesn't look as good as I thought it would. The ends of the springs looks like they where just ran across some rough sand paper to make them fit more flat against the metal rod

[​IMG]

10. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

:poke:

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

Probably just me but I would be more concerned with how it functions than how it looks.

12. Simplejack

Simplejack

I'm concerned about both equally. I kinda feel like since this is made like a total piece of ****, it's probably gonna fall apart on me sometime soon.. but maybe it is only cosmetic..

13. Bello

Bello America/Italia

This is why I recommend bt guide rods love them!

14. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

[​IMG]

The tag line is priceless, especially considering the Gen4 issues.

15. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

That, 'small circle' you've asked about? It's a pressed-on end cap; what you're looking at is the center shaft. So you, 'bought the farm' on this one. It happens. I finally settled on Wolff Gunsprings, non-captured, NP3 coated, solid steel guide rods. They work extremely well; and, since installing them about 8 years ago, I have never looked back. These rods are slightly thicker than usual, very hard, and very slippery too. Spring changes are, also, ridiculously easy; and there's no annoying little end screw to shoot off the gun and lose.

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=5

16. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

. I would not use that guide rod in my pistol being.g you can see where it is pressed in ( it will eventually come apart). I purchased the same guide rod from them and it did not look like that. The only issue I have had is it coming apart. After using blue,red and then green loctite, the green kept it together

17. 125K9

125K9

Hey "Arc," I couldn't get your link to work, so do I understand right, Wolff is now making metal RSA's for Gen.4 Glocks? That's all I was waiting for in order to replace the one in my G22. My five other Glocks have Wolffs, just not my G22 yet.
    I truly hope all ends well with yours, "simplejack." My best intended advice would be to go back to stock on yours for the time being. Good luck sir.

18. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

go with quality, glockmeister, wolff, lonewolf, etc. dont try those new "back-yard" people when it comes to a machine u would trust with your life. I had bad experience with the same "glockpolishing" guy on ebay. Send me a connector and it went fully auto on me - supposed to be a 2 lbs connector. I tried to contact him and he told me i have to pay for shipping both ways and give me a price where I just threw the $H*& away.

19. MikeG36

MikeG36

That looks like it came from the reject pile. I'm interested in what they have to say about this. Please post their reply when it comes in.... if it comes in. I'd be inclined ask for a full refund including all shipping costs.

20. larson1122

larson1122

Link worked for me. The Wolff guide rods will not work in Gen 4 guns according to their website.