close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New stage set=ups

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by JWG_34, Aug 15, 2006.

1. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Ok guys Lets here what everyone thinks of the new configurations for the 5toglock and the glock"M".
    I looked at them on gssfonline and I think all and everyone is going to be on a level playing field especially when it comes to the 5 to glock and the "M".
    The way I read it ,noone(competitors)will no which configuration is going to be set up at any of the matches.
    Wow Im excited!!!!!! :supergrin:
    Jeff

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i think for the few shooters that really pratice and drill for the M and 5TG the new set ups will put them at a disadvantage. the shooters that only shoot a match or two a year won't know much differance. the ones that shoot USPSA and IDPA will be use to changing target arrangements and may have an edge. all in all i doubt you'll see a big increase in scores, or a decrease. i really like the new stage set ups so there is some change from match to match.

3. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

The stages look pretty challenging. They don't look any harder or easier than the way they were before. It will be good to see how we improve or whatever in shooting them. Also, does anyone know if they are using steel plates in Topton or the paper option?

4. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

I think we will see a tendency to see more paper than steel at matches. If you have ever worked a stage at a maych you know resetting steel gets real old after awhile.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I like the idea of the new setups and not knowing which setup I will have to shoot until I get there. I do hope they still keep the steel poppers in the "M" and Plates whenever available. I don't see where resetting the plates or 3 poppers is all that much work and yes I have RO'ed at a GSSF Match with steel plates and 3 poppers in the "M". I think a little steel adds extra fun and spice to the match.;)

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i think resetting 6 plates is by far easier then pasting 6 bullet holes, or resetting 3 poppers is easier than pasting 3 targets.