New sights for the G44

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by misunderestimated, Jul 12, 2020.

1. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

So I now have 2 G44 both run perfect with CC1 ammo . I want to make one of them my GSSF gun, My other GSSf guns all have dawson sights front and rear. What is every one using for replacement sights. I reached out to Maryland gun works to ask if they have a new shoe for the pro sight pusher and they said they have not created one for the new polymer slide. What are you folks using to push a sight. Have they talked about it in an amorous course yet

2. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Hey Larry, the G44 slide is the same size as the 19 and the original shoe plate of the MGW pusher works great. I have two 44s but my adjustable sights on them were too tall for the MGW. I have done a couple of other 44 sights on mine though. The lower rails are still steel.

I take extra precautions when pushing steel sights onto the polymer slide-upper, by making certain that the slide is perfectly perpendicular to to the MGW, and then pushing a little, then backing off the MGW screw tension to relieve any potential edge gouging - then pushing a bit more, backing off tension, etc. Something like you may do when using a tight tap. MGW should know that there is no problem with the original size plate.

I happen to have TruGlo TFXPro adjustable on one, Hi-Viz FO adjustable on the other

I do have the more slim plate for the Slimline Glocks, and that works well for those.

misunderestimated likes this.

3. PM720

PM720

I just put a .165" tall Dawson FO front on mine and blacked out the stock rear with a Sharpie. Works pretty well.

4. Ed Grissom

Ed Grissom

Same for me...

PM720 and misunderestimated like this.
  5. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Thank you every one for your input

PM720 likes this.
  6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I installed an Ameriglo red fiber optic front sight on mine.

7. BJSwart

BJSwart

I put on a Dawson set front and rear from a Gent 5 19. I filed the rear dovetail on the sight to where I could push it on with some good pressure by hand and then snugged the set screw up. Haven't had any issues yet. Can't wait to try it out in a match in Louisville!

8. rcems2000

rcems2000

I got these installed . Can't wait to shoot it in next couple weeks 20200717_103107.jpg 20200717_103129.jpg 20200717_103153.jpg

9. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Good to know. I’m a TFX Pro fan. Have them on my 2G 19 and my 43. Want to get a set for the 44 and the 2G 17.

SARDG likes this.