Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
6,861 Posts
I too cant find the want for sig? Quality issues have strayed me away from them
I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings but I can’t think of any mass-producers of plastic pistols that haven’t had QC issues. They all have. The important thing is how quickly and efficiently they correct them as they come up. I’m old enough to remember many of Glock’s teething issues. They’ve been less than “Perfection” on several occasions themselves. They, like others, corrected them fairly quickly which is why I still own three of their models now.

· Registered
6,861 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
It’s a G26. We’re choking on gnats and swallowing camels with some of these stats.

It’s like saying the G43 pocket carries better then the G26 when the dimensions aren’t the same and most people who can pocket carry the 43 discover they can the 26.

If you like Sigs. Get one. Unfortunately I got into shooting when options were limited and it takes a lot for me to ditch all my Glock brand Glock stuff.
I can slip a small gun like a P938 in my pocket, for some pockets a G43 will fit, but a G26 is not a good pocket carry in any of my pants (unless wearing cargo shorts with cavernous pockets!).

The size is a huge differentiater for me. A G26 is a wide chunk of metal. It is a continuum. The G26 is a fine gun, but if -super-small carry is the goal, it is not the best option. Most who value small carry would choose the G43. Most who value rounds and "real gun" size would gravitate to a G26, G19, etc. Some, like me, value super easy carry, and are thankful for all the new options in the last few years.
Not to get too far out in the woods. But I honestly believe, that if you can purchase a Glock 43 with the INTENT of pocket carrying from the beginning. You will find the dimensional increase minimal going up to a Glock 26.

Before all these slim options. I was waist 34 daily carrying a Glock 26 in the pocket. Did I have to make sure the pants were the right size before I bought them? Yes. So when I go down to the 43, erm....yeah. The extra length in grip starts to take away from the fact that the Glock 26 is shorter in that key dimension.

But here is where you and I agree. When I went down from 36 waist to 32 I found all my size 32-33 pants no longer could contain a Glock 26. So I went with a P238 for those moments I need something to disappear. Also for the last several years, I have the added benefit of being in a relatively permissive conceal carry environment. Which means I can put a Glock 19 on my hip all day. Doesn't matter.

Point is, if concealment is the ultimate goal. Non permissive environment. Then the 365 misses that mark. As I think the 938, 238, g42 (not g43) form factor size dominate that market. Yes there are other guns in that size quotient that work. But I think the 365 is just an answer to the G26. Which everyone says "innovates" when in reality it's just trying to do a G26 better with great marketing.

We agree. The current market has options. In 2010 when I decided to go smallest reliable gun possible the Glock 26/PPS was the only one that owned that size outside of a revolver. The PPS was also vaporware, so I went with the G26.

· Registered
13,321 Posts
I like the looks of it. Man, 10 +1 9mm in that? Might be a bit too small for a 9mm....Nah. It's not a target gun. I view these little 9s like the 43 as alternatives to the 2" J-Frame. If they hold more ammo with more punch and I can hit better with them than with my 442, I am interested. I don't see them as downsized service pistols.

Of course the Shield looked pretty nice, but I can't stand how it feels in my hand. The G26 looked nice, but it's a bit cumbersome in the grip. The 43 feels great, but it's 6 + 1 (currently the front runner for my compact 9 this year.) I really like HK VP9sk, but even 'SK-ed' it's still a bit big.

So, I'll see what happens in the next 6 months or so, Not going to jump in and be the first guinea pig to the food dish. If it fits my hand and the trigger is decent I might go for it. I've had a couple Sigs, have one now, and generally like them, so I am definitely interested.

Then there is also the Walther CCP Compact...

· Registered
20,211 Posts
I'm interested in this pistol, but the bulk of the comparisons so far have been to the G43. I want to see how it stacks up to the G26. It seems to me that's a more oranges-oranges lineup. This p365 vs. G43 blitz is a smokescreen.

· Registered
1,997 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
I can’t see how Sig can get the grip on the 365 down to essentially the same size as the G43 and add 4 more rounds. I have to admit the gun looks great, has factory night sites and is striker fired.

I live in Florida and even in the hottest weather I can carry the G43 AIWB under a tee shirt unnoticed. I carry a spare mag at 10 o’clock or there abouts. That’s about as concealable as it gets.

If the sig is truly as small or smaller than the G43, AND I find it more “shootable” than the G43, I would consider buying one.

I carry the G43 when I can’t carry my G19 with attached light. I prefer to have the shootability of the G19 and the 31 rounds I can carry with it. But situations dictate my carry choices. Generally as we gain concealability, we do so at the cost of another attribute, like capacity.

What does the 365 gives us that these others don’t? Oh I know, drop test failure discharges, lol.

· Registered
676 Posts
You are only 6 months behind your understanding of Sig Sauer's progress and completely unaware of the difference between the P320 and P365.
Just to expand on your note. From the soldiersystems.net article:

Testing
Based on their experience with the P320, SIG developed an entirely new, enhanced drop test protocol for duty handguns. They dropped the P365, 574 times in 26 orientations as well as five drops at 6 feet on concrete.

For those of you are wondering if this new test protocol is going to be retroactive to older pistol models, it isn’t. However, any new models will be subjected to this protocol during development.

Additionally, they’ve put over 40,000 rounds through a P365 with no frame cracks.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/08/introducing-the-sig-sauer-p365/

· Registered
4,160 Posts
Just to expand on your note. From the soldiersystems.net article:

Testing
Based on their experience with the P320, SIG developed an entirely new, enhanced drop test protocol for duty handguns. They dropped the P365, 574 times in 26 orientations as well as five drops at 6 feet on concrete.

For those of you are wondering if this new test protocol is going to be retroactive to older pistol models, it isn’t. However, any new models will be subjected to this protocol during development.

Additionally, they’ve put over 40,000 rounds through a P365 with no frame cracks.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/08/introducing-the-sig-sauer-p365/

Well this will twist some knickers around here.

· Registered
3,183 Posts
I'm not really sure why folks are b*tchin about not having a standard rail. It's gonna be a good CCW option regardless of that feature. G26's and G42, and G43's don't have em either. I'm just glad they got rid of that BULBOUS slide lock lever on the side of the gun!! Sheeesh it was an eyesore. I hate the one on my P320.

I think Sig has a winner on their hands for the following reasons:
-Capacity to Size Ratio
-Optional Extended 12 round factory mags
-Stippled Grip
-OEM Night Sights
-Front and Rear Cocking Serations

As long at the QC issues have been resolved in regards to the drop safety issues. I think they'll sell a fair amount of them if priced right.

· Registered
676 Posts
I'm not really sure why folks are b*tchin about not having a standard rail. It's gonna be a good CCW option regardless of that feature. G26's and G42, and G43's don't have em either. I'm just glad they got rid of that BULBOUS slide lock lever on the side of the gun!! Sheeesh it was an eyesore. I hate the one on my P320.

I think Sig has a winner on their hands for the following reasons:
-Capacity to Size Ratio
-Optional Extended 12 round factory mags
-Stippled Grip
-OEM Night Sights
-Front and Rear Cocking Serations

As long at the QC issues have been resolved in regards to the drop safety issues. I think they'll sell a fair amount of them if priced right.
I don't like proprietary rails on ANY gun. But for a Sig gun, it's even more troubling. Anyone remember how long it took for Sig to get even a little quantity of P320 grip frames to the market? They were still very scarce even a year after the gun's release. Sig is HORRIBLE at getting products out to the masses.

This isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, as I don't put accessories on my carry guns when I'm carrying them. But it's irritating they would put this kind of limiting factor on a new gun, when the accessory market is so good right now.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.