Glock Talk banner

New Sig 365

9698 Views 62 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  Southswede
Well, Sig has released a new 365 that appears similar to the Glock 43, but holds 10+1 as standard capacity. You can see it on the Sig website, and it appears to be an interesting new pistol. As with most things Sig these days, time will tell, of course. . .
Reactions: Lois
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
5,698 Posts
What should (emphasis on should) be a higher quality, striker fired Kel Tec P-11.

That's a great carry size if they aren't playing fast and loose with the 1" width number. It probably splits the difference between the G43 and the G26, but maintains G26 capacity.

Great, assuming it functions reliably, of course.

· Premium Member
5,920 Posts
That's a great carry size if they aren't playing fast and loose with the 1" width number. It probably splits the difference between the G43 and the G26, but maintains G26 capacity.
I don't have any facts on the new P365, but for my prior SIG's, the width spec has always included the slide release, etc. (max width, not the narrower measurement of the slide width only).

For example, my P938 is spec'd at 1.1", but the actual slide width (by my caliper) is 0.89". My other SIG's follow the same pattern, so my hope is that they did not play fast and loose with the 1" width number, and it is the true max width (including controls) with a thinner slide.

We shall see, but I am guessing it is a legit 1" total width, with the slide being slightly slimmer. A G43 at 1.02" width with an actual slide width of 0.87 would be my guess of what to expect.

We shall see!

· Registered
5,698 Posts
I don't have any facts on the new P365, but for my prior SIG's, the width spec has always included the slide release, etc. (max width, not the narrower measurement of the slide width only).

For example, my P938 is spec'd at 1.1", but the actual slide width (by my caliper) is 0.89". My other SIG's follow the same pattern, so my hope is that they did not play fast and loose with the 1" width number, and it is the true max width (including controls) with a thinner slide.

We shall see, but I am guessing it is a legit 1" total width, with the slide being slightly slimmer. A G43 at 1.02" width with an actual slide width of 0.87 would be my guess of what to expect.

We shall see!
Yes, this is exactly what I'm curious about. The width that matters is the overall average width of slide and frame, not the absolute maximum at the slide stop or take down lever.

If, as you hope, they've really got a less than 1" wide pistol, like the G43 or even the Shield, that will be an amazing feat and a gun worth carrying. If it's a 1" slide plus controls, it may not be enough of a difference for folks to ditch their trusty G26s.

I'll be anxiously awaiting more reviews and comparisons.

· Registered
3,707 Posts
Looks interesting but it is going to take a lot to pry me away from my Walther PPS because it is such a dang good shooter for me. But if it does and proves to be safe, reliable, decent trigger, and a good shooter I may be interested. Problem is the safe and reliable part will mean at least a year wait for me.

· Registered
6,257 Posts
Looks interesting but it is going to take a lot to pry me away from my Walther PPS because it is such a dang good shooter for me. But if it does and proves to be safe, reliable, decent trigger, and a good shooter I may be interested. Problem is the safe and reliable part will mean at least a year wait for me.
Walther PPS rocks, hard act to follow.

· Registered
46 Posts
I currently don't own a SIG pistol but I am thinking that I might pick this P365 up in the future. It will not replace my G26 or G43 but will add to what I already have. It will be like my Springfield XDS. A great pistol that I throw into the Glock rotation every once in awhile. I cant help it, my XDS is a great shooter and hopefully this P365 is reliable and a good pistol for some too.

· NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
684 Posts
I'm sorry but the other Glocks in my safe will not except another Sig, they just barely put up with my Sig Mk25.

· Banned
4,110 Posts
Yeah, I saw a spiel on this at a recent trade show, over lunch. Lunch was pretty good, pulled pork and fried catfish bites.

Also, for a change, they actually had a P210 Legend on their display wall. Seeing these Legends around more and more, I was kind of ticked off that I had forked over so much more money for an original P210-6 Target. Until I handled the Legend.

· Registered
43 Posts
I have always liked the way a Sig felt in my hand and I usually shoot very well with them. But I never have (except for the 42 & 43) buy first production run guns. Let the dust settle a bit. I do expect there will be room in the safe for one.

· Registered
526 Posts
It’s a G26. We’re choking on gnats and swallowing camels with some of these stats.

It’s like saying the G43 pocket carries better then the G26 when the dimensions aren’t the same and most people who can pocket carry the 43 discover they can the 26.

If you like Sigs. Get one. Unfortunately I got into shooting when options were limited and it takes a lot for me to ditch all my Glock brand Glock stuff.

· Registered
10 Posts
I examined one yesterday with the 10 round mag and the 12 round mag option. This is definitely an upgrade for my 43. I like the 12 round mag for the grip support of my little finger and the capacity. Ordered it yesterday.

· Premium Member
5,920 Posts
It’s a G26. We’re choking on gnats and swallowing camels with some of these stats.

It’s like saying the G43 pocket carries better then the G26 when the dimensions aren’t the same and most people who can pocket carry the 43 discover they can the 26.

If you like Sigs. Get one. Unfortunately I got into shooting when options were limited and it takes a lot for me to ditch all my Glock brand Glock stuff.
I can slip a small gun like a P938 in my pocket, for some pockets a G43 will fit, but a G26 is not a good pocket carry in any of my pants (unless wearing cargo shorts with cavernous pockets!).

The size is a huge differentiater for me. A G26 is a wide chunk of metal. It is a continuum. The G26 is a fine gun, but if -super-small carry is the goal, it is not the best option. Most who value small carry would choose the G43. Most who value rounds and "real gun" size would gravitate to a G26, G19, etc. Some, like me, value super easy carry, and are thankful for all the new options in the last few years.

· Registered
4,263 Posts
As others have said, I wouldn't want to be the first one on the block to buy one of these. Let's see how it does after 6-12 months on the market.

But if it works, it's going to put a lot of pressure on the other players in this market (G43, Shield, LC9S, various Kahrs, PPS, etc.) They're going to have to figure out a way (or copy SIGs way) of upping their mag capacity without upping their size.

· Registered
1,418 Posts
John_AZ, You mentioned having problems with two recently manufactured SIG products. This is exactly why the SIG's that I want, have "Made in W. Germany" on their slides.

Yeah. I have no love for Sig after having a lot of major issues with two of their recent guns.

No thanks.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.