Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
woo woo
31,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my ladyfriend to the range, easing her into ******* extremist culture. She obliged!!
She had very limited informal experience with shooting, being from the UK.
I chose a few rimfires to get started;
My trusty S&W 422 (single action auto) and the Ruger Wrangler (SA revolver)
Wall Wood Art Design Room

Once she had the correct sight picture,
Window Sleeve Eyewear Bag T-shirt
she held nine ring or better at 21ft.
Jolly good!
White Wood Style Line Font

Moving up to center fire, we used the S&W 15-2 (DA revolver) .38sp with actually warmish feeling Norma158gr and the S&W 3913 loaded with mild Freedom Munitions 9mmP 135gr (DA auto)
The louder report and recoil caused a flinch after first few shots, but those few were well placed. The orange stickers we
Wood Font Material property Art Pattern

Next time, I believe I will stick with .22s and perhaps the beretta 81, keep with smaller calibers, maybe the Single Seven loaded with .32swl.
Fun times!!

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I always wanted an S&W like that. Probably a very enjoyable outing. My last one would not go anywhere near a gun club. Good show, old chap!

·
Registered
19,776 Posts
Her group is well centered. No real bad habits there. I'd bet she's just getting used to the weight of the gun. Good job.
Check that, "trained another shooter box".

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
4,991 Posts
You're a fine man to introduce your friend to the shooting sports. I think most of us could do more of that type activity. I know I could. I don't normally make New Years resolutions, but I may make an exception this year and try to introduce some new shooters to the firearms community. We'll see. I have one hell of a year coming up.

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
Well done Berto.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Berto

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Good job Berto.

·
Registered
13,829 Posts
My wife won't let me take any of my lady friends shooting. You did well Berto,
I did teach my wife to shoot and she did pretty good for being cross eye dominate. Made me have to think a little more about what to tell her to do.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I did teach my wife to shoot and she did pretty good for being cross eye dominate. Made me have to think a little more about what to tell her to do.
Tape up the shooting glass lens of her dominant eye. That way she has no choice but to use the other eye. After a while she’ll train herself to not use the dominant eye any more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts