close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New shooter gun

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Chris North, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Chris North

Chris North

So I got the email from GSSF today about the new match and Conyers... This caught my eye.

"Come out and shoot with us! Bring a new member and you and the new member will be entered in a drawing for a GLOCK pistol certificate! For details, visit 'www.gssfonline.com'."

Is this part of the Random Draw or is this a different "new shooter" draw? Does GSSF know I was new at the South Carolina match?

I didn't say who brought me into the club ~ thanks Brian! Would love an extra chance at a 26!

Thanks in advance for the info...

Chris

Team Random Draw

2. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

When you register, there is a clipboard for new member sing-ups right at the registration desk. You and the member that brought you are supposed to sign this sheet for you both to be entered into the drawing. I have read on here that GSSF will automatically add new members to the drawings, even if you didn't sign the sheet. But obviously, they have no idea who brought you, so they aren't eligible for the drawing UNLESS they are on that sheet.

3. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

"Missed it by that much". In Maxwell Smart's voice.

Holding my thumb and pointer finger together.

Someone should have pointed out the sign up sheet for new members and their sponsor.

That just makes you luckier on the next drawing.

4. Chris North

Chris North

Cool, I guessed as much. They should know new members... But how would they know who brought me... I did join before the match and didn't see a place to put who brought me along... Sorry Brian :cool:

Team Random Draw

5. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

You'll just have to share your new gun with him!!!

6. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Usually, there is a sign in sheet and the new shooter and his friend both put their name down. If no one brought you, you can sign in as bringing yourself and get two chances.

7. mike g35

mike g35

When I shot in Beckley I had to ask them for the sign in sheet for new shooters but it wasn't an issue or anything. They had it right next to the table. I had talked to DannyR for quite a bit before the match about the how-to's of getting through my first match and met him at the match so I put him down as the person that brought me. Lexington will be my fathers first match, he watched in Beckley and decided to buy a Glock and compete, so I guess he will be writing me down as the person that brought him when we get there.