New Ride

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Dandapani, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Dandapani

Dandapani

I'm working on a deal on this rig. Brand new 2006. Always wanted a hack. Now I can take my Standard Poodle for a ride. :)

These are stock photos. I haven't picked mine up yet. It will be a couple of weeks before I can sync my weekend schedule with the dealership. It's 2+ hours across FL from me.

Ural Tourist LX.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I won't sell my current ride until I can master this thing. It's not a hop on and go. Experienced two-wheelers have to unlearn a few things and learn a bunch of new things. There's a regular science to it. I've always been intrigued with the concept of the hack. Ever since my father built one for his 1967 BSA so he could ride it during the IL winters.

Have fun with my post. I'm ready for the old-man comments. :tongueout:

2. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Soon you will learn to fly the car, and most impt. you can get a MG42 mount for the car. To take care of those pesky deer of course. Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Aw, beat me to it! I will propose Afrika Korps olive drab though.

Very cool...good luck with it! HH

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

They make one called a "Patrol/Gear Up" that has switchable 2WD to power the chair wheel. It is in OD. LOL. A bit too military for me. Would make a great platform for a MG.

5. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

The suzuki dealer by where I live sells those. I was checking one out while I was getting new rubber.

They are pretty neat. Dealer said top speed was 70 or so but he said the 2wd drive models are beasts off road. I'd love to play with one.

Really cool and quite retro.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Get the camo version. The sidecar still has the base mount for the machine gun pintle.:banana:

When you take a corner tight enough, you can tilt the side car up. Ultra cool!

7. Dandapani

Dandapani

They call it "flying the chair". It should only happen when you want it to. If it happens when you aren't expecting it, bad things happen. On a right hand turn (turn into the chair), the hack can come up on fast or tight turns. The trick is to get the feel of the balance point and then when to expect it.

Turning the other direction, a different thing happens, and it happens FAST and often unexpectedly. On a turn away from the chair (hard left hander), but at a higher speed and/or tighter turn, the entire rig CAN PIVOT forward on a line between the front wheel and the side car wheel (rear tire rises, driver is pitched forward and over the right hand side). This is a quicker and more dangerous transition than turning into the sidecar. Both of these points must be learned in parking lot manuevers... :wavey:

8. Dandapani

Dandapani

9. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

That is just sick!!!!!!!

10. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

That is perhaps the coolest "new bike" purchase/photo I've seen. Uber-sick indeed.

11. Dandapani

Dandapani

Here is some uber-sick video.

http://www.wagnerscycle.us/video/

2WD version of the same bike.