close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Rescue

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by pjrocco, Apr 7, 2007.

1. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

Here is our new rescue, she came all the way from Portland, OR. Here name is Chloe and she is a 1 year old Pit Bull.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

congrats!!!

What's the history on her other than she came from Portland?? She's a nice looking pooch!!! :thumbsup:

3. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

She was an outside dog her whole life and was found as a stray about 6 months ago. She bounced to a couple shelter finally someone noticed she was a great girl and put an add on a forum I belong too. I fell in love with her, and saved her from death. Actually the day I saved her was the day she was scheduled to be euthanized. She was put on a plane, and here she is. She is a great dog, although she suffers from an extreme case of separation anxiety. She has done about $2,000 worth of damage to my house so far and has physically hurt herself in her crate. We are hoping with love, training and meds, she will be ok.

4. Petra

Petra

I usually don't say this about PBT's, but she has such a sweet face! I especially like that last picture where she's sticking her tongue out. I bet she has a heck of a personality.

Good for you on taking her in. Once she realizes that this is her home and she won't be dumped anywhere else, she'll probably settle down. I have a female Dachshund (Gretchen) who was bounced around to a bunch of foster homes before she came to us. She wouldn't slow down long enough for you to pet her when we first got her. A friend who had Dachshunds since she was a child explained it to me. Gretchen figured she wouldn't be around long so she better explore and do as much as she could before she was shipped off again. She's been with us for about 5 years now. That little girl is now the calmest and sweetest thing you ever met.

Good luck with Chloe.

5. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

that is a beautiful dog.

6. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs

Great looking dog and good for you for taking her in. We rescued a pit mix about 3 years ago. She spent the first 9 months of her life in the pound, then we got. Lots of damage from biting my german shepherd, eating 2 lbs of chocolate and peeing and pooping all over the house. Despite all that there is not one time that I look at her and regret it. She is our second rescue dog and I will never buy a dog again. Too many great ones sitting in shelters.

7. Los Suenos

Los Suenos JSC

Nice dog. Now start calling her an American Staffordshire or Staffordshire Terrier and leave the "pit" out of it. It'll be better for you and your dog. Congrats! You did a great thing.

8. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

APT or ABPT works too... ;)

9. pugman

pugman

With a wife who is a vet tech, she would say PB's can be very loving, loyal dogs-the problem is when some jerk trains them otherwise.

As the owner of 4 rescues, I'm sure that dog with a little love will realize she's in good hands.

Congrats

10. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

11. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

12. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs

I see that she has made herself at home on HER couch!