NEW Rebel lure: the "Tadfry"

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by The Pontificator, May 27, 2003.

1. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

"Sporting a single-hook, bulbous-body, and slim-tail design, the Tadfry brings super buoyancy to ultra-light angling. The bright colors were designed for trout, and the natural colors for panfish and bass."

Lure resembles a small tadpole or shad fry. I'll bet this one is a winner. Wal Mart has them.

2. noway

noway

FWIW

I find live or plastic worms works great and better than most lures that I have used, at least for largemouth bass. Also much cheaper.

Plastic shad bait from Berkeley, Bass Assasin,ZOOM or others are just as good and are much cheaper.

"try out the lure and post what it does"

3. Hihopoly

Hihopoly

Never had much luck with that kind of lure. I too have better luck with rubber worms.

4. SoDFW Jason

SoDFW Jason Slow Hillbilly

The Tadfry is a panfish KILLER!! Try it in your favorite bluegill,perch,bream hole and give us a report. I've had good luck with them in the past.

5. The Pontificator

That's what I like to hear!

I'm into ultralight spinning rigs and use lures like the Tadfry exclusively for panfish. In fact, I have entire "arsenal" of little Rebel-Pradco lures that I use for panfish: Wee Craw, Tiny Frog, Bumble Bug, Cat'r Crawler, Crickhopper, and my favorite panfish lure as of late, the Big Ant.

The larger size crawfish and grasshopper lures I use for bass and pickerel. I've had good luck with them. I do use worms for bass in the hot summer months.

6. noway

noway

Worms down here live or artifcial catches largemouth bass all year round. For every $3.99-$7.99 lure that I have bought, I have probably netted a 100 to 1 ratio with using worms and I don't get as pissed off when a lure is lost or hunged up in a tree.

the price of a #1 or 1/0 hook, lead 1/16oz weight, glass or plastic bead and worms, price is minimal vrs a lure.

7. noway

noway

a typical size bass in my water-ways

8. The Pontificator

Caught two very nice crappies before a storm came across the lake tonight. Caught one on Rebel Tadfry, the other with Rebel Big Aunt (firetiger).

9. flinch

flinch Nortius Maximus

Tie up some chartreuse marabou on a 1/32 or 1/16oz jig head, and you've got the same thing.

I used to play a lot with the small crankbaits on an ultralight rig, but I think that marabou jigs are just as deadly, and if you tie them up yourself, you can save a load of cash in the process.

10. Gunlawyer

Gunlawyer

As stated earlier by SoDFW Jason, the Tadfry is my favorite ultra light lure. Man it puts the smack down on panfish and where I used to live, rainbow and brook trout. You will dig it. Hey is your picture from Monty Python? It is great! Anyway, Second place goes to the Micro hula poppers for bass.

11. wanderinwalker

wanderinwalker 1911

My two current favorite panfish lures are a Rebel Crickhopper and a Rebel Ant. Absolutely killer on crappie, bluegill, pumpkin seed, yellow perch, and the occasional bass and pickerel. Maybe I'll pick up a Tadfry next time I'm at the W-M.

12. SoDFW Jason

SoDFW Jason Slow Hillbilly

Look out Bill Dance, the Pontificator is on the scene ;f

Glad you had a good trip bubba.

13. The Pontificator

"Cardinal Fang! Put her in...THE COMFY CHAIR."

(I used to use a picture of the pope but got quite a few private messages saying it was sacreligous so I gave in. ;Q )

Next weekend I'm trying out those String King Bitsy Wigglers purchased from...Wally World.