Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
This is a training issue. Most likely, they had their finger on the trigger even with the Beretta, but the longer trigger pull or the safety was enough to keep it from going bang.

Or maybe the fact that a lot of LEO have lower than average IQs.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
I'm thinking more the former than the latter.

wp

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
This is a training issue. Most likely, they had their finger on the trigger even with the Beretta, but the longer trigger pull or the safety was enough to keep it from going bang.

That an interesting thought. The heavy long trigger assisted in protecting one from bad trigger discipline.

· Registered
4,344 Posts

This right here. They obviously ignored basic firearm safety rules with the Beretta and are doing the same with the M&P. It's their own fault, nothing else.

· Premium Member
20,113 Posts
From the article: "L.A. County sheriff's deputies learning to shoot the Beretta were taught to rest a finger on the trigger as soon as they took aim. The mantra was 'on target, on trigger.' "

A questionable habit even with the Beretta DA pistol; a really bad one with ANY striker-fired pistol.

Only info I can find puts the average IQ of Police/Detectives just above the average of all Americans (LE range was mid-eighties to mid-hundred-teens, with the average just above 100; average for all Americans runs 98-100). As cops are hired from a cross-section of the country's population, it makes sense that they reflect the same average intelligence, with some trimming on both ends of the curve.

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
...Or maybe the fact that a lot of LEO have lower than average IQs.
...Only info I can find puts the average IQ of Police/Detectives just above the average of all Americans (LE range was mid-eighties to mid-hundred-teens, with the average just above 100; average for all Americans runs 98-100). As cops are hired from a cross-section of the country's population, it makes sense that they reflect the same average intelligence, with some trimming on both ends of the curve.
Thanks DJ...
My Google-Fu wasn't working well yesterday...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.