New P365

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Sig Fever, Sep 1, 2020.

1. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

The 12 rounder that came with each of my two 365's are all I need. I have two 15-rounders "just because", but the only magazine I carry is the flush 10-round magazine. I like my small carry guns to be small. I also am happy with the pinky dangling under the magazine. Some hate that, but I find the grip to be firm and comfortable.

I do wish SIG mags were less expensive (like Glock), but it is a quirk I have lived to deal with (similar to H&K mag costs). Just like Glock's need better sights, and result in an added $50-$100 per gun vs SIG, the mags for the SIG add $50-$100 compared to the cost of a Glock.

In the end, it is similar enough, and it gives me something to grumble about!

snowbird.40 likes this.
  2. Lil

Lil

Or not even firing - just handling. I was surprised by the offensively sharp edges on the mag and grip. Why SIG designed such edges is mystifying. Very uncomfortable. Judicious sanding knocked those edges down and it's now more friendly.

snowbird.40 likes this.

3. IOmm

IOmm ╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ƩȠƩƦƓY╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣ Silver Member

The Alabama Pocket Holsters that I've had were a little on the "flimsy" side vs the Vedder Pocket Lockers I have. Plus the Vedder Pocket Locker is closed at the end which I like because you don't get lint in your barrel. After I got my first Pocket Locker I was done with Alabama. Also, the shipping is faster from Vedder.

snowbird.40 likes this.
  4. Z71bill

Z71bill

I have only had mine 6 weeks - but it came with 2 ten round mags - I have not seen any for sale with 12 round mags instead of 10.

I agree with you on the pinky under the mag - it is how my PM9 & M&P9c both are and I am so use to it that I think going to a 12 round mag would take some getting use to / feel strange.

I have tried to find just a base plate for the 10 round mag - so I could swap out the pinky extension -

Maybe I will find someone that like the pinky extension better and I can swap the base plates!

I also saw a comment (not GT can't recall) where a guy just used a dremel to remove the extra section on the base plate of the pinky extension mag and turn it into a flat base. :nailbiting:

boilergonzo likes this.
  5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

My Alabama was plenty stiff enough. It did take awhile to ship though, but that's also how popular they are.

6. -JCN-

-JCN-

While I like how the 10 rounder carries, I’ve found that the 12 round not only shoots significantly better it also DRAWS consistently faster so I made the conscious decision that I would carry the extra bulk for the improved performance.

Do yourselves a favor and do some timed draw, multi-shot and transition drills with both setups to make your most personally informed decisions!

The difference was so striking to me that I got XL grip modules for all my P365s and went to flush fit 12 rounders.

7. Cap’n Flamingo

Cap’n Flamingo

I didn’t like the pinky extension either. I also like my small guns small, and that l’il extension does print more than the flat one on the 10 rounder.
    For some reason, my new P365 came with two 10 rd mags,both with the dreaded pinky extension. My solution was to remove those extensions, and turn the baseplates into flat ones.
    I put the mag into a vise. I then put a layer of masking tape on the bottom flat of the baseplate. Then I took a 12” bastard file and went to town on it. File until you run into tape, then do a little edge relief and.... IMG_3392.JPG

Smith46wesson and Z71bill like this.
  8. Z71bill

Z71bill

I am going to do this for sure now.

Smith46wesson likes this.
  9. edellson

edellson

I can almost assure you it will not.

wally1 and snowbird.40 like this.
  10. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

This is what I have been doing, even though I have a 15 round mag, I find myself carrying the 12+1 and a 12 backup with flush floor plates. The XL grip just feels so much better.

-JCN- likes this.
  11. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

I rented a p365 yesterday.

I liked it, but the grip was a bit too small. However, my wife loved it.

So I need to get her one and I think I'll get the 12 and 15 rd mags for me so I can have a little more to hang on to. And then maybe an XL for myself.

-JCN- likes this.
  12. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

The XL has been calling to me, I am trying to be strong. LOL

Tuner Sandwich likes this.
  13. chemboy

chemboy

Nice! I sure like mine. First SIG for me, but probably not the last.
    Enjoy!

14. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

I love my 365 but the XL...I honestly just sold mine...I never carried it. The 365 with 12 round mags is the same grip length and I couldn’t pocket carry the XL. The standard 365 is a fantastic do it all pistol.

I got a p10f and then a p10s and looking for a p07 now. My standard 365 is here to stay. I just like the p10s better then the XL

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  15. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Congrats on a fine pistol. Yeah, the MS parts are hard to find in stock. Took quite a while to get all three parts and the grip frame with the cut outs but it was great when I was able to get them all in and installed. The install was very easy and straightforward as well. Enjoy.

16. steve1911

steve1911

Congrats on your P365.

1911club#410

Sig Fever likes this.