New P30SK

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Deputydave, Apr 17, 2017.

1. GeneCC

GeneCC

If you don’t own a v1 and wished that was what you bought, sell the one you have and get the V1. May cost a few hundred but it will be what you want and done right

2. Big1

Big1

Congrats! It look like a nice weapon I seen those in the glass counter at the gun store, they have it so that I can pick one up on the Blue Label Discount for Military and LE. I'm going to have to look at one.

3. dvparrish

dvparrish

My 30SK had been gathering dust for a few months because I'd decided I needed to learn to love the Glock 19 and 43 that I own. I took the 30SK out the other day, put about 150 rounds through it and it's now back in my carry rotation as my daily carry. I've got the SA/DA version and while my first quick DA shot is always a little low the single action grouping reminds me of why I got the pistol to begin with.

JMag likes this.
  4. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Bringing this old thread back for an update. Been three years since I posted the OP. Over that time I had the opportunity to own three different P30sk pistols (V1 LEM, V3 and V3 w/thumb safety). Enjoyed all of them. Eventually they were sold or traded for other pistols.

Recently been getting back into HK in a big way. Picked up several recently including a P30 V3 that I really enjoyed shooting. Decided it needed a little brother so I picked up a brand new (CA code) P30sk LEO package with a fourth 10-rounder and a fifth 15 rounder. Four of the 10-rounders have pinky extenders. $550 which I felt was a pretty good deal considering the night sights, extra mags and the extenders.

Very tempted to put this into the carry rotation. I just retired after 29 years so I no longer have to worry about qualifying with a particular pistol. So I can simply carry whatever takes my fancy. I've been looking forward to that. Forgot how comfortable the SK really is! Really nice to have interchangeable back straps and side panels for that custom feel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Ovid, benben, Bus007 and 2 others like this.
  5. Parausa

Parausa

Excellent choices for sure. Congratulations on your retirement!

Deputydave likes this.
  6. chemboy

chemboy

Those are nice, Dave! congrats on your retirement, also.

Deputydave likes this.
  7. Deputydave

8. Chowser

Chowser

I only read your post, none of the replies so this has probably already been mentioned.

I use my trigger finger to drop the mag and I use my trigger finger and thumb to drop the slide on my HKs.

Deputydave likes this.
  9. Deputydave

I noticed Sootch00 uses his trigger finger as well to drop the mag. Nice that it’s ambidextrous so you have the option.

10. benben

benben

Index finger for me also. Congratulations on your retirement, I’m jealous!

Deputydave likes this.
  11. alloy07

alloy07

Congratulations on your Retirement! I love both my V1 P30sk and my VP9sk . Carry both in either a Vedder light tuck or a Stealth Gear mini ventcore holster. Unfortunately neither holster will work with both the P30 or VP9.

I carry them with either the 10 round flat base mag or the 13 round
    P30/VP9sk mag.

Love the feel of the 13 round mag and to me it conceals the same as the 10 round Magazine with the finger extension.

CDNN has the 13 round mags for $36.99

https://www.cdnnsports.com/heckler-koch-p30-vp9sk-13rd-9mm-ext-sleeve-mag.html#.XpyCbi9q2f0

GeneCC and Deputydave like this.
  12. Deputydave

I decided to pick up an Olight Pl-Mini 2 Valkyrie and holster for the P30sk. I'll post a pic when they come in.

13. benben

benben

Which holster?

14. Deputydave

From R and R holsters.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OWB-Holste...var=691201395899&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I've got several holsters from them and like them. The WML holsters are basically the same as the non-WML holsters as far as overall look and feel. Same holster I use for my P365 with TLR-6. Pictured here on page 4:

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=257&start=30

Decided to order another TLR-6 for my G26 as well and ordered a holster to go with it from them as well. I'll post pics once they all come in.

benben likes this.
  15. Deputydave

The Pl-Mini 2 Valkyrie came in for the SK this afternoon. Easy to put on, looks sharp and is pretty much the sun in brightness. Holster is scheduled for Saturday delivery. Once it comes in I'll post some pics.

benben likes this.
  16. Deputydave

17. chemboy

chemboy

I’ve had the Pl-Mini for quite some time and am happy with it. The Mini 2 seems like an improvement, from what I gather? Might have to score one of those the next time OLight has a sale-which seems like they do a couple of times per week! :D

18. Deputydave

This is my first experience with Olight as far as their WML. So I can't compare to the Pl-Mini. But I like the Pl-Mini 2 Valkyrie quite a bit. And yeah, it's bright! I like that it is easy to put on and take off the pistol. The ability to adjust how close/how far it is to the trigger guard is nice as well. And easy to charge with that little magnetic disk. So far I've got to give it a thumbs up.