New P-2000?

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Big2wheeler, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Big2wheeler

Big2wheeler

I am considering the purchase of a new p-2000,but am hesitant due to internal locking system has anyone here had any problems with this system?Any comments plus or minus would be greatly appreciated.

2. mainegunner

mainegunner

A couple of weeks ago I got a P2000 V3 in 9mm. I have only put 150 rounds through it so far but is gun it shoots extremly well. I also have a P2000sk in 40 which has the V2 lem trigger which is a nice shooter also. I went to the range today with my P2000 and every time I shoot it I love it even more. My next H&K will be a p2000 v3 in 40 s&w.

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Ecclesiastes 12:13

If you mean the locking system inside the back of the grip that prevents the gun from
    being cocked (if activated), then you have nothing to worry about.

The gun comes with it turned off and most people just leave it that way. You'd never
    know it's there unless someone showed it to you.

Just ignore it as most people do and there's no way it will ever interfere with the gun's
    operation.

There's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY it can ever accidently turn itself on and cause an unwanted
    problem.

The only way you could ever have a problem with it is if you try to force
    the hammer to cock while it's engaged. You'll bend the hammer strut if you do force it.

Never turn it on and you'll never have to worry about it.
    You get a small key for it. Just leave it in the box and never mess with it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  4. blueiron

blueiron

You will have about the same amount of problems with it that you do with the trigger pin falling out.

5. JBnTX

JBnTX Ecclesiastes 12:13

Is that sarcasm, or are you trying to tell us you had a problem with a trigger
    pin falling out?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  6. ajgranda

ajgranda

:rofl: I'm betting it's sarcasm.

7. jayhuh

jayhuh

JB kinda answered this one. Unlock it, leave it that way and forget it. I have 3K rounds through a P2K, LEM I bought used. It came unlocked and I forgot I didn't receive the key until I read your post. Buy one w/confidence.