Glock Talk banner

New Nikon SLR?

1267 Views 24 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  General Sherman
The rumor mill is in full gear.

DP Review is saying Nikon is announcing a new 10mp SLR in 20 days.

See:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06072001nikondslrteaser.asp

We shall see.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
Originally posted by General Sherman
That Canon 30D is one fine camera.

Do you also have the kit lens (18-55) for wide angle shots?

Post some shots when you can.
It seemed really nice.

I didn't get the kit lense because everybody told me it was terrible and was not even worth the $100

I was going to buy this from the local Ritz camera store, but for $500 savings I decided to order from B&H photo. I called today to find out why my order didn't ship and they said they were "holding the order pending credit card verification" Of course they never called about it, I had to call them

Hopefully I will have it by this Friday

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just noticed B&H has the new 10 MP Canon Rebel XTI at $899 with kit lens. The Rebel XT is $749 with kit lens.
The Nikon D70s is $875 with kit lens and the D50 now $699 with lens.

Those prices are dropping faster than computers.

The new Rebel XTI has a dust elimination system which is very nice.

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just ordered a Nikon D50 from B&H which has them back in stock at $600 including kit lens.
Since I have Nikon film SLRs I have a lot of lenses which will fit this camera which is one reason I bought it, aside from the fact it is being discontinued in favor of the D40 which will not handle my lens collection.

I will post my thoughts on it when I learn how to use it.
This will not be soon.

· Registered
4,274 Posts
Originally posted by General Sherman
aside from the fact it is being discontinued in favor of the D40
thats nothing more than internet and camera shop speculation. no OFFICIAL word from Nikon about that. in fact, Nikon's site seems to imply that the 70 may be discontinued instead;

"Add Nikon's digital SLR cameras--the D2Xs, D200, D80, D50 and the new D40--and you've got a line-up that sets new standards for photographic excellence."

anyway, congrats on the new camera. I've been very happy with mine.

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes, the D50 and D70S are still shown in Nikon's site line up but few camera stores have the D70S in stock.

Anyway I was pleased to find a D50 from a reputable dealer at a good price which fit my current Nikon lenses. I have some nice expensive ones including a 35mm F:2.8, 50mm F:1.4, 105mm F: 2.5, 200 mm F:4, 70-300mm zoom, and a 28-200 D series zoom.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.