close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Mang Danny, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Hello BOG's and mga kabayan. I'm new here, I shoot and reload for 1911. I have tried a glock17 and that's my next purchase. Regards to all.

2. ks40sw

ks40sw

;F and definitely buy the G17. It's a great guns.

ks40sw

3. vega

vega

Danny - Welcome to the forum! Where are you in SoCal? Are you going to buy from Turner's or Top Glock?

vega

4. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

I'm in Chula Vista (San Diego). Turners is a good place, but at the store/range where I go, they match Turners price! Gunshow on saturday/sunday in Del Mar (30 miles from where I live), time to stock up on powder, primers and bullet heads.

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Welcome to the BOG Mang Danny.

6. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

;F Mang Danny

7. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Maraming salamat, mga kabayan. Philippine shooting sports has grown a lot since I migrated!

8. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Very interesting how this forum gets more and more international. We certainly have guys in the States,and at least a couple in the UK. China, Singapore, Japan. Aside from the RP of course. Anywhere else?

Welcome, Danny. A G17 here costs about $800 (dahil sa taxes, freight, low turnover of sellers). Count your blessings!

9. hnard

hnard

Welcome Mang Danny! I lived in Chula Vista for a while. I frequent Discount Gun Mart for most of my gun purchases and of course the indoor range, but I'm a regular at the SDPD range in Home Avenue. Lots of places in San Diego that have great deals like American Shooting Center and El Cajon Gun Exchange. Have fun at the Del Mar Gun Show - been there many times!

10. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

hnard,
    I too, go to Discount Gunmart about once or twice a month. I'm a member at South Bay Rod and Gun Club and go to Dulzura about 4X a year to shoot my 22 rifle and my friend's AR's & AK's.

I haven't been to the range on Home Ave. Are the people there OK? It seems to me that place is mostly competition oriented (I'm not that good).

11. vega

vega

12. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Vega,
    Thanks for the tip. Will keep that in mind after I get my tax refund.

13. vega

vega

AHA! We're waiting for the same thing.

vega

14. ona1king

ona1king

Danny, welcome I'm new aswell...
    The first gun I ever bought is a glock 35, I enjoy shooting it!
    More mods to come...

15. hnard

hnard

Mang Danny, although I have purchased guns from other stores, I still prefer DGM over the others, because of their great customer service, plus, you can also test your gun there 24 hours after purchasing. I always call and plan to go to Dulzura to test my SKS, but never make it. I know they have some nice people there.

There's plenty of friendly people at Home Ave. Mostly Filipinos, Caucasians, and police officers. First Saturday of the month they have combat competitions, and of course the 25-yard target practice - strictly for handguns only. The best thing is that there's a few gunsmiths there. I always have them test my guns and get free tips on how to make them better, you can also buy some good gun parts from them. They shoot mostly .22lr and 1911 .45's. Only thing is they don't allow .44, .357 magnums, and other high-powered ammos.

16. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

Back when I lived near Home Ave I frequented this range.
    They had quite a few rules. I remember the no jacketed bullets and no magnums rule.

Now I go to the Rainbow Valley range in Fallbrook. It's members only.

My fave San Diego shop was Weisser's in National City blvd. Then the owner got involved in some trade irregularities and they got shutdown.

These days I frequent Turners and SoCal Guns in Clairemont Mesa. Discount is a good store too, plus they have that range of course. I think I bought my Glock 22 from them (Syet, lumabas na ang sikreto ko)

17. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

I remember seeing a brand new blue Gold Cup series 70 at Weisser's back in 1997, should have bought it then. Nagsi-sisi ako hanggang ngayon! Grrr.

18. paltik45

paltik45

;F ;F How's the gunshow's out there in KALIBAN state:) ? How's the selection? I am preparing myself for the big move back there^2 ^~

19. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Gunshows sell the same stuff. Overpriced G.I. guns, antique guns, presentation model lever guns, Glocks (but of course), Kimbers, Springfields, CZs, scopes, red dots, T-shirts, beef jerky, German & Japanese uniforms, etc.

Bargains are take off parts for various guns, but you have to know what you're buying. Ammo and reloading components are cheap.

20. paltik45

paltik45

Salamat po Mang Danny, isang tanong na lang po sa mga taga KALIFORNYA. Ano po ang procedure kung person to person po ang transaction sa pagbili ng "LONG ARMS" o rifle? Do I need to get a permit from the sherif's office then register the firearms? Thanks in advance mga Sir. Nang hihinayang talaga ako sa M1A ko at AR15 I built it personaly sayang hindi puwede sa KALIBAN state. I didnt mean to Hi-jack this thread nag tatanong lang po.:)