Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New guy to the forum here and came in with a question for you all... First, I'm a huge fan of Glocks and I could use your help as I just bought my first red dot and took it to the range today to zero it. I bought a Holosun 507C V2 Gr for my G34 (which I love). I've also got a G43, G22 gen 4 and a G17 gen 3. Love them all. Here's my question; out of the box, the sight was way too high, so to bring it to zero, brought it right to the elevations lower limit. I was glad I hit zero, but is it common for zero to be right at its mechanical limit? I know I'll probably get some grief as it may be a dumb question and zero is zero, but I was hoping zero would be somewhere closer to the middle, so I had some room to move, if need be. I'm sure I'm overthinking it, but being my first red dot, or green actually, has anyone else had this issue? And if so, is there something I can do to adjust the mount and put me closer to the middle at zero?
Thanks!

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Sage dynamics has a good video on it as mentioned above. Usually that is odd to need to go to it's limit. I would wonder if the plates aren't seated exactly square if that happened

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Well, I don't know, but thinking about it, would you ever actually ever need to go BELOW horizontal?

Any distance shooting requires raising the rear to zero for a given distance

Still, you would think there's a minute of angle or so before bottom out to account for whatever variation

Not a dumb Question at all, call up the MFR and see what they say

Did they include any shims in the package?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies and the welcomes. Very much appreciated! I'll definitely check out the Sage dynamics video. I've watched a ton of youtube to see which red dot would check as many of the boxes as possible as well as how to zero it, once installed. But the elevation limit question, I googled and searched youtube, but didn't find anything. That said, I'll check out sage dynamics right after I finish typing this. I'll call Holosun first of the week too. It may be nothing, but it hitting the limit of the turret, just seems odd to me. It reminds me of a new driver cranking the wheel of the car to make a u-turn... Anyway, thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I don't know, but thinking about it, would you ever actually ever need to go BELOW horizontal?

Any distance shooting requires raising the rear to zero for a given distance

Still, you would think there's a minute of angle or so before bottom out to account for whatever variation

Not a dumb Question at all, call up the MFR and see what they say

Did they include any shims in the package?
No shims, but I thought about that too. I'll call on Monday and see what they say. Thanks!

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
The OP has his sight zeroed. How would the video help with him hitting mechanical bottom limit

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Hey everyone! New guy to the forum here and came in with a question for you all... First, I'm a huge fan of Glocks and I could use your help as I just bought my first red dot and took it to the range today to zero it. I bought a Holosun 507C V2 Gr for my G34 (which I love). I've also got a G43, G22 gen 4 and a G17 gen 3. Love them all. Here's my question; out of the box, the sight was way too high, so to bring it to zero, brought it right to the elevations lower limit. I was glad I hit zero, but is it common for zero to be right at its mechanical limit? I know I'll probably get some grief as it may be a dumb question and zero is zero, but I was hoping zero would be somewhere closer to the middle, so I had some room to move, if need be. I'm sure I'm overthinking it, but being my first red dot, or green actually, has anyone else had this issue? And if so, is there something I can do to adjust the mount and put me closer to the middle at zero?
Thanks!
The question that I think might be missing is:

What distance are you trying to zero your dot?

If he’s trying to zero at 5 yards, he might run out of elevation.

Typically I zero handguns at 25 yards.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Welcome to Glock Talk! :)

I don't really know much about that style of mount, but is there enough leeway to fit a small shim under the back edge before tightening the screw? If there is that may solve your problem. Whatever you do...Best of luck!

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,794 Posts
Enjoy GT:welcome:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts