New Member Numbers

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Thx-1138, Mar 14, 2008.

1. HappyGAP

HappyGAP

Hi Bob,

New to GT and this forum but scrolled through and didn’t see #1776 I’d like to occupy the American spot with my family I’ve got all 3, the 37, 38, and 39. Thanks for taking this over, love to talk with guys that love shooting this round!

2. BobR1

BobR1

HappyGAP 1776 is open, and your Number.

Nice to see that you have all Three. I currently have a G37.3 and a G38.3.
    I was doing some reloading for mine today. I loaded a few with 200 gr Gold Dots and a few with 200 gr Sig V Crowns. Speer Nickle Cases, Federal Primers, 7.0 CFE Pistol.
    It had been a while since I had done any loading with HP bullets. I did some reading up and also miced the OAL of a factory Federal 185 Hydra Shock, which was 1.100. I set the seater on my 550 Dillon at 1.100, but the 200 GD and 200 V-Crowns would not feed reliably at 1.100. I did some additional reading and found an article on the LE Testing of Speer Gold Dot ammunition which listed the OAL of factory 185 and 200 grain Gold Dot ammunition. Speer Listed the OAL for their 185 and 200 GD ammunition as 1.070. With my seater readjusted to 1.070 my ammunition fed perfectly to include the Sig V Crown bullets.

Bob

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020

3. HappyGAP

HappyGAP

10-4 on the number! Easy to remember!

I’ll have my load data posted in the recipe thread shortly. Personally I load a 205 SWC over Win 244 with Win WSP primers in brass only for IDPA/USPSA/GSSF competitions. I’ve also burned 185 SWC/185HBRN/185-200XTP/230RN. I load XTPs for SD practice in all the nickel cases I get back. I have a handshake agreement with the local brass processors, most of them don’t want to mess with it anyway. I’ll agree with you my 37.3 is very picky on 1.070 OAL. Any longer and the nose will hit the top of the chamber on its way up the feed ramp. Any shorter and SWC won’t enter the chamber and they move around in the magazines. RNs are nice since you have some forgiveness but I stick firmly to my Speer manual for the specs. They have more science things and know more stuff than I do haha

4. BobR1

BobR1

I have Lone Wolf Barrels in both of my 45 GAP's. My Range Bullet is the Missouri Bullet Company 200 grain Soft Ball. At the moment I am using Clays. I have worked with about every pistol powder, and pretty much everything will work for Range Ammo.

Bob