New Member-NEW GLOCK!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Hobbit, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Hobbit

Hobbit Da Educator Lifetime Member

Just purchased my first Glock.... a Model 32 (I was sort of infatuated with the .357 Sig cartridge) and I loved the idea of the ported barrel/slide. Sure like the size and the way it feels in the hand. Sadly, I haven't been able to shoot it yet :crying:(weather here has been EXTREME for the past 10 days or so). But as soon as the snow, ice and frigid temps break, the projectiles will fly.

Anyone with comments or personal experience, please jump in here. I am quite familiar with handguns but have never owned or even fired a Glock. Anything to watch out for??

2. KK40384

KK40384

Good choice on the 32. I have shot the .357sig and like it but never out of a Glock. Hmmmm...........maybe a 32 will be my next Glock too.

3. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Congrats sorry no info from me on the .357 Glocks. Good luck!

4. pleaforwar

pleaforwar

Welcome to GlockTalk and congrats one your new pistol!

5. QNman

QNman Old timer

Another experienced shoot, but my first experience with 15 years ago or more...

I'll say this - with respect to Glocks, not much to watch out for other than limp-wrist (but this is a problem across many platforms).

Otherwise, I'll say Welcome to your New Addiction... Glocks are like Lays potato chips... you CAN'T have just one...

6. Paul_J

Paul_J

7. Hobbit

Thanks for the welcome....this place is really busy!:supergrin:

Not having any prior Glock experience, I don't really know what to expect! Most of my experience is with 1911's and big bore revolvers. (I've never fired the .357 Sig round either). I chose the .357 because some folks who I respect recommend it as a PD round. I am also considering the Model 32 as a CCW.

I know there is a lot to learn. I am an avid reader so I will continue to peruse this site and extract useful information. Proficiency will take care of itself with time (as long as I haven't made an inherently bad choice)!!

8. Girevik61

Girevik61

My local Walmart has started stocking .357 Sig ammo.

9. bac1023

bac1023

:welcome: and congrats.

The 357 Sig is a great round.

10. mtnglocker

mtnglocker

Congrats and welcome! No firsthand experience with the .357 sig, but the ammo is not very available around where I live. Lots of .9s and .45s tho. A LEO buddy of mine loves his Baby Glock .357 for off-duty.

11. QNman

QNman Old timer

Part of the beuaty of the 32 is you can go to Lone Wolf (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/) and buy replacement barrels (about $100 each) for both .40S&W and 9mm. With the .40, you don't even need new magazines - barrel swap and you're good to shoot. The 9mm will require new G19 magazines, and you're ready for that too. Either the .40 or the 9mm are going to offer way less expensive target ammo.

One gun - three calibers. Pretty sweet!

12. GlockCrazz27

GlockCrazz27 Glocky Glock

Congrats on the new family member. And welcome to the forum.

13. capecodcowboy

capecodcowboy

14. Spike32

Spike32

Welcome, and an excellent choice for your first glock. As you can tell from my username, I am a fan of the 357 SIG. I have a G32 and a G33, and they are both real tack drivers. The G33 has become my EDC, but I still carry the 32 on occasion...especially in cold weather or if I'm headed to a REAL bad part of town.

15. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Welcome and congrats!

HR

16. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! Great gun in a great round.

17. jimmygun

jimmygun

Welcome I have a 9mm and a .40S&W love both, my cousin has a Glock in .357 sig and he loves it, I shot a couple of mags and it feels like my .40 in a way, what I understand it is a good penetrating bullet. I a little more mainstream with my choices 9mm because is cheaper and .40 because is available, looking at the .45 GAP and the .45 ACP and due to bullet availability I am going for the ACP. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind adding a .357 sig to my Glock collection

18. Hobbit

Thanks for the comments, guys. Yes, I've found the ammo just a little more difficult to locate, but no real problem....I've found several boxes at Wal-Mart, several at local gun stores, and even some at gun shows. I'm a shooter, not a hoarder, so I don't find a real need to stockpile 10,000 rounds of ANY ammo. I am also a reloader, so I will eventually load some of these......we'll see.

A couple of quick questions for you guys.......Can anyone recommend a top quality PD round in this caliber? I am partial to Hornady's Critical Defense---but it apparently is not yet available in this caliber.
    Another question......Does anyone know anything about this ported barrel/slide...ie: Does it interfere with sights in any way? Will residue adhere to front sights? Anything else you know about this round and the Model 32 is appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
    ;)

19. Zertek

Zertek

:welcome: to GT and congrats on the first of many :supergrin:

20. richie3888

richie3888

good choice!! Have fun.. Be safe