close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new member Glock 26 concealed

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Glockin26, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Glockin26

Glockin26

Hey everyonje just wanted to check in. I applied for my CPL 2 weeks ago and will have a G26 next week. I've been reading and reading lots of good info. This will be my first glock and will be packing once I get enough practice. Thanks for the wealh of info here.

2. Reb 56

Reb 56

Welcome to GT I'm sure you will like your G26. I cc my G26 daily great little shooter.

3. den888

den888

Congrats on the G26 !

4. joeirish

joeirish

Welcome. I am new member also. Have 2 17s and a 26.
    The 26 i carry everyday. Think you will like it.

5. kshutt

kshutt

God loves all "Glockers." :cool: Welcome to Glock Talk! :patriot::israelflag:

6. yanksdad3

yanksdad3

I do not want to sound naive, but how and where do you conceal your G26? Waistband, pocket, etc.
    I just recently started to conceal but I am finding it hard to honestly conceal anything bigger than my Keltec .32 in the pocket of my slacks/jeans. I know a G26 is popular CC and I have 4 .380's I would like to CC but have not found the right holster or place to CC other than having a oversized pullover.

Congrats on your new G26 BTW!

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

:welcome: to GT. 26 rules!

9. Iorndealer

Iorndealer

Welcome and congrats on the G26!

10. bac1023

bac1023

11. Glockin26

Glockin26

I hope to try a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB before i actually buy it. Many use the CB supertuck with the 26 and have heard nothing but good/outstanding reviews. There is another holster; the comp tech, which may also be a choice. One important thing I've read is that the quality and design of a IWB make or break weather or not you will actually use it effectively. Also a belt designed for carry; Ive read that regular belts increase uncomfortability/sagging. On the other hand some people do end up using them.

12. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 Medium speed, some drag.

Hi, I am new as well and just bought my G27 today actually. I have been reading the forums for days and couldn't post so I am kind of a ministalker for you ladies and gents. I have been shooting for 13 years (I'm 21) and have a few :innocent: firearms. I'm still looking for a good holster though, so any suggestions would be helpful.

13. table

table

congrats on the 26. i CC mine at about 4 o'clock in a C-Tac

14. I.Hate.Glocks.

I.Hate.Glocks.

Welcome to GT! Congrats on going Glock.

15. joeirish

joeirish

This time of year, I carry mine in a blackhawk. On my side under a pair of coveralls. In the bad areas I put it in my coverall pocket. Summer will be a little bit more difficult.

16. 11bdad

11bdad 11bdad

Congrats on the G26. I have one and think its a great carry piece. Check out the Comp Tac Infidel "slide" holster. You can get the clips in 2 different sizes and they also offer a shirt tucker strut that allows you to tuck your shirt in.
    [​IMG]

17. boomhower

boomhower

I use a Comp-Tac MTAC at 3 oclock. That thing really dissapears and I am a fairly slim guy. The MTAC or CBST would serve you well. I went with the MTAC because of the interchangeable kydex bodies.

18. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Good choice w/the G26.

I have a G27, but hope to add a G26 soon.

Here is my carry holster. It is a Fist, Inc. It is inside waistband, and made from ultra-thin kydex. notice how the belt loops are NOT centered over the weapon itself. when they are off-set like the Fist, it rides more stable, and most importantly, it reduces printing.

many people like the clips for convenience, but i prefer beltloops for the fact that it will never fall off under pressure, or come out when i draw the weapon.
    (i have a beltman belt as well... belts do matter)

[​IMG]

good luck!

19. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

I have a CBST for my G30SF and functionally, its a good holster. However, it leaves something to be desired on the aesthetics and craftsmanship side of things. I recently wrote a review of my Brommeland Max Con V for my G26 (see below) and highly recommend it over the CBST. Yes, it is expensive but there is value here. I cannot imagine a better holster for the G26. You get what you pay for. And you set a good example identifying the importance of your gun belt. Once I found Beltman, I quit looking. I own four of them now and have no reason to look further. Enjoy your Glock journey.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180743

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  20. bw77

bw77

My Kel-tec P32 sees more carry time than any gun I've owned for the simple fact that it's comfortable to carry. I put it in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster and it just disappears into my pocket.

Regardless of IWB holster choice, anyway you slice it you have a gun jammed in your pants. It is never going to be comfortable. Most people who carry just get used to it I guess, I really wish I could. I have tried many configurations over the years of guns/ belts/ holsters and yet to find a combo I'm comfortable carrying daily. I stick to pocket carrying my P32. It's not the most powerful cartridge I know,but I always have it with me.

Just my opinion on CCW. I don't want to derail this thread with a caliber war guys:wavey: