Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Been lurking a while, and happy to be a member. I own a gen 3 RTF2 G19 and a regular gen 3 G26. They are wonderful guns in their elegant simplicity, and I've never had a single failure with either one.

But compared to my two other 9 mm guns (XDM9 and FNP9) I just can't shoot them consistantly, in fact I group better at 15 yards with those guns than I do at 7 yards with my Glocks. I know the Glocks are accurate as they are tack drivers for my friend who only shoots Glocks (he shoots my 19 better than his own).

Is it just a matter of spending more time with my Glocks, or is there a different technique to shooting a Glock well when you're used to shooting other guns. FWIW I have another friend who's a great shot with XDs and 1911s, but can't shoot Glocks either.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Do your rounds with Glock go in a particular area of the target? Lower Left, Upper right, etc?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do your rounds with Glock go in a particular area of the target? Lower Left, Upper right, etc?
That's what's frustrating. I shoot my FNP9 at 15 yards and there's one ragged hole like a 12 gauge slug at point of aim. The same distance with my Glocks looks like 00 buck.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome and great way to start your life here with a 19 and 26! You have two fine pistols, just keep hammering away and practice practice practice. I had a tough time at first with my 26 and nearly gave 'er away, and i am so glad I didn't! I love it and my 19 and continue to improve in my performance with them to this day.
You'll get it. Don't give 'em up.
Again welcome to GT!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks j-glock22. I figure it is just a matter of practice. I really like both guns on so many levels. Just need to learn to shoot them better.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Congrats! Practice, practice, practice and watch some youtube vids, that worked for me.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
:wavey:

·
Registered
142 Posts
One thing to look at is something i just figured out. I took a break from glocks for the XD line (XD9 and XDSC9) now I’m back to glock with a G26. For record still have the XDs, just need something easier to carry.

When I started shooting the G26 all my shots where pushing away from the "bulls eye" on my target, which is VERY rare for me regardless of any firearm I shoot. Started thinking about how I use to shoot my G17 and starting experimenting with the way I grip the gun. I found the problem to be me keeping a finger on the front of the trigger guard. A lot of people say don’t do it but it worked very well and was comfortable on the XD. So just mentioning that might be something causing your shoots to all over the target if you use the front portion of the trigger guard as part of your grip.

Regardless, keep practicing and you'll get the accuracy figured out.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Those are some of gastons finest products you got there. Some people take a while to warm up to glocks because of the grip angle, just keep firing them, it will get better in the accuracy department.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome and tips, guys. Did check out a few youtube videos including one that talked about using a different grip for Glocks compared to other guns ie more of the meat of the shooting hand on the side of the grip as opposed to on the back, and using a bit more trigger finger than what you're used to with other guns. Anything to that?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unsure if this is your issue from what I know, but I have a quick tip for you. Concentrate on a smooth trigger press straight to the rear with your Glocks. With practice, you'll be shooting a ragged hole with your 19 and 26 also. Good luck.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Welcome to glocktalk!! The guys here have tons of knowledge that can help you in anything. Just keep shooting those babys and your groups will improve!

·
Master Chief
753 Posts
I had the same complaint regarding my Glock 19, love it, but am inconsistent. Shot a kimber and CZ accurate as hell, as soon as i picked them up. they say it's grip and trigger pull....off to the range for me again.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. Focus on the front sight. Continue until the front sight does not move when you pull the trigger. Then keep doing that.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had the same complaint regarding my Glock 19, love it, but am inconsistent. Shot a kimber and CZ accurate as hell, as soon as i picked them up. they say it's grip and trigger pull....off to the range for me again.
Glad I'm not the only one. Before I got my 19 I remember talking to a guy at the range where I shoot about Glocks. His take was you have to learn (or be taught) to shoot a Glock, but once you've got it down you'll never find a more accurate or reliable gun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts