New Member - First Glock

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by butchglockbert, Jan 8, 2003.

1. butchglockbert

butchglockbert

I recently joined the GSSF and ordered the commemorative G17 9x9. I just picked it up on Saturday, 1/4/03 and I'm very excited about my purchase. I am a friend of Glockhp (don't hold that against me ;f). I am a novice when it comes to handguns. I have been a hunter most of my life and am skilled with rifles and shotguns but have had very little exposure to handguns. Nevertheless, I just might meet some of you at one of your future matches (provided I get some practicing in ahead of time).

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Welcome to GSSF form butchglockbert!! You made a excellent choice in the G17 for shooting in the GSSF!!! What matches are you planning to attend? We are always looking for new members and want you to introduce yourself at the matches! Just look for the gray golf shirts with "Team Sidearmor" on them and say HELLO!
    Dan:cool:

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

butchglockbert;
    Welcome to GSSF, glad to have you aboard. We wont hold who you pick for friends against you.;f ;f ;f . The G17 is probably the most used Glock and is a great choice, but then again there are not many bad choices in Glocks. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the matches. If you see some folks in the "Team Sidearmor" hats and shirts be sure to say "Hi". I think you will find that 99.9% of everyone you meet at GSSF will be more than helpfull and do their best to make you feel right at home. GSSF and especially "Team Sidearmor" folks are family.

4. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

butchglockbert,

Welcome aboard, you will find lots of great help here. And the Glock shoots are a blast! Hope to see you at some of them.

5. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

6. butchglockbert

butchglockbert

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure yet as to which matches I'll be attending. My thoughts are that I'll give myself some time to become aquainted with my gun first and possibly attend the one in Statesville, which I believe is in September. Glockhp is urging me to begin attendance immediately but I want to make sure that I end up no worse than next to last in the final standings.

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Don't be undersold on not doing well the first time at a match. A new friend I met a Lexington shot his very first GSSF match and came away with a new Glock!!!!!!;v So join GSSF and come to the next match which is Jacksonville, FL January 18 & 19! I look forward to meeting you in person someday!
    Dan:cool:

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Butch,

Welcome aboard. Start practicing now. Richmond, VA is normally in April. The new schedule is not yet available, but when it is, you will find it at www.gssfonline.com

9. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Really, my first GSSF shoot was in Conyers 2 years ago and I won a Glock, I think it was way down in AM/CIV D group. Since you are already a shooter you should have the basics down, just have to fine tune.

10. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

Welcome butchglockbert to the great sport of GSSF. I shot my very first match last August and low and behold finished last place in (A)class missed a pistil by 0.37 sec. darn good for me!;f Since then I have been around most of Team Sidearmor people and found them all to be a really great bunch of folks.

Hope to see you soon at a match

11. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

I recently joined the GSSF and ordered the commemorative G17 9x9.
    And a hearty welcome to you. What number was your commemorative glock?

12. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Welcome from the Lone Star State.

13. butchglockbert

butchglockbert

Thanks for the encouragement guys!! I look forward to meeting each of you (Team Sidearmor - GlockHP has told me alot about you) at the matches. Hapuna - mine was Serial # 902

14. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Welcome to GSSF you will find everyone to be very helpfull and friendly.

15. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

I finally managed to get a few minutes to respond!! Welcome to GSSF and GT, Butch, from all of Team USofA! And a hearty congrats ;c ;c on talking your Mrs. into letting you join and get that commemorative -- Welcome to the DARK SIDE.;f I know you'll love it! And thanks to all the other GTers for welcoming Butch (he's really not a bad guy, despite his choice of friends;a).

We (GLOCKhp2, Thylacine, LoafnGLOCK, JG30, and myself) would also like to extend a public invitation to you to join Team USofA. We're not the greatest (by any stretch) and aren't even in the same class as Sidearmor, but we love the matches and have a great time. Don't worry about being last -- it's the fun and comraderie that's the point. Of course, the chance for green paper or some new, free "combat tupperware" is a nice sidelight! (Even if you get it by chance in a drawing with no skill involved, right Thylacine?) I'll even offer to go to the range with you and show you everything I know (should take about 5 minutes).

I also want to publicly shame ;Q you into going to a match. I know it's a little late for the Belmont indoor match Saturday, but there are two more coming (Feb 15 and Mar 15). And at least some of us will definitely be going to Richmond in April, and as many of the other 2003 matches as possible. If you don't go, I'll start telling stories!;e Well, OK, even if you do go, I may tell stories, anyway.;)