Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here to say "Hello" from the Sunshine State of Florida. Many years experience as a gun owner but today came home from the LGS with my first Glock.
I use a Sig P365 as my EDC for the last 3 years but recently converted it to a P365X by installing the XL grip frame. The XL grip frame feels much better in the hand and the 12+1 capacity is a bonus.
Been wanting a larger pistol for range use and home protection and after looking around and reading reviews narrowed my list down to the Glock 45 and the S&W M&P M2.0 9MM. My LGS had both and although the S&W is a good gun I decided to get the Glock 45 Gen 5. I felt they were evenly matched but two things convinced me to pick the Glock....#1 The trigger is much smoother and crisper than the S&W and #2 the Glock 45 has the MOS slide and I want the option of installing a red dot in the future. Actually a third thing I couldn't pass up about the Glock 45 MOS was the price.....$655. The few retailers I found online that had one in stock were priced a minimum of $100 higher and another LGS had the 45 Gen 5 WITHOUT the MOS slide for $699.
Hope to get to the range soon and see how she shoots.

·
JAFO
4,584 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois, and thank you for your dedicated service to this great nation.

Reactions: Benton

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,792 Posts
Thank you for your service.

Welcome and hang on.

Reactions: MTC(SS)USN-Ret

·
A swamp dude
11,212 Posts
Hi and welcome from Naples in SW Florida. You picked a great state to settle in for many obvious reasons.

Thanks for giving your prime years for service to our country. I truly appreciate folks who serve honorably for 20 or more.

Enjoy this place and be safe.

Reactions: MTC(SS)USN-Ret

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and welcome from Naples in SW Florida. You picked a great state to settle in for many obvious reasons.

Thanks for giving your prime years for service to our country. I truly appreciate folks who serve honorably for 20 or more.

Enjoy this place and be safe.
Thanks for the welcome. I've been here in Florida for 30 years now and still can get used to the hot humid summers. I guess deep down I'm still a cold-blooded midwesterner having been born in Missouri.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Welcome to GT! The G45 is an excellent choice.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Welcome to GT and thank you for your service

·
Bitter American
723 Posts
Welcome to GT from Kentucky. Veterans never get enough appreciation so thank you very much for your service.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,757 Posts
Enjoy GT 🇺🇸

1 - 16 of 16 Posts