Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anniston, AL is a long way from Lubbock Texas (1046 miles one way) but Jo and I are going, along with our friends Robert and Juli from Louisiana.

Who all is going?? We are hoping to see a lot of our fellow shooters from all around.

How about the "Florida Bunch". are you folks going to make this one?
We will be staying at the Hampton Inn in Oxford. Maybe we can get a dinner set up if some of the fine folks there can make a suggestion on a good place.

Hope to see you there!!

Bill

·
5,227 Posts
Hey there my Fine Texas Friend. Yep old DEJ/FL, Pharoah, UncleBob and I will be there. With you there we will have 2 Team Carver Amateurs and 2 Team Carver Masters so far that I know of so we should field at least one team. Maybe we will have another Amateur and Master Team member coming that I don't know of and have a fill team from each category.

Don

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey all

I attended my first match in Tenn. with a friend who went to his first GSSF shoot. What a great time!!!! Both of us are retired P.O.'s. Met some other P.O.'s from West Virginia and had a blast. Looking forward to going to AL. We both live in Georgia so it is a close match for us. Looking forward to meeting some new people. See you there

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
sort of looks like i'll be making the trip there from Texas on my way home, but it's all subject to change. might be there on my way to texas, usually things get moved back a week at work. either way i'll be there.

·
Glock Whore
322 Posts
Depending on my employment situation (i.e. if I am still un-employed) when it comes around me and the father in law are planning to make the trip to Anniston. If by some off quirk of fate I should land a job before then, I'll have to see what I can negotiate.

malladus

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll be there. Went to my first match in Knoxville and had a blast. I also have 2 friends that want to try it.

·
you son of a
1,400 Posts
I'm going, from west of Atlanta. Short bop down to I-20 then hold on, boys. I-20 is usually 90 MPH in the left lane and 55 in the right lane.

I will probably be there Sunday, we have a family thing Saturday.

I will probably bring a couple of new shooters too, my kids. Daughter 17 and son 12 both have pronounced my G17 "sweet." Now, if I can just find enough ammo for us all . . .

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I'm going, from west of Atlanta. Short bop down to I-20 then hold on, boys. I-20 is usually 90 MPH in the left lane and 55 in the right lane.

Watch out.

I don't know if it is in effect yet, but I recently heard that Georgia just passed a "super speeder" law that really puts the screws to you if you get caught doing over 85mph.

:steamed:

What they really NEED to be doing is going after the morons going UNDER 55 on the Interstate at all!

Dodging THEM is what makes the highways dangerous!

:dunno:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Additional $200 fine for driving over 85 MPH plus the speeding fine.... That one would hurt.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I will be there !!!!! hope that i can even find ammo for 3 guns !!!!

Maybe GSSF can bring a truckload of new Glocks & ammo that we can use for the match We can test fire them to help out with there backlog:whistling:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I'm gonna be there. I only have 3 mags and I'm having a hard time finding the 4th. It will be my first match so I'll have other things to worry about....
Scott.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yep the old Florida gang will be there Don at PC/ DEJ/FL/OLD AND I DO ME OLD unclebob/ and Pharaoh will all head to the match.

Pharaoh

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I will be there !!!!! hope that i can even find ammo for 3 guns !!!!
Steve, I plan on being there on Sunday--Wife-mate has PLANS for SATURDAY that involve ME driving her somewhere--IF you'll be there on Sunday, I'll have a lil' bit of "Extra" CCI Blazer 115-gr. TMJ 9mm ammo, if you need it...let me know...BTW, has your Co-worker ever fired that 17L? Just wonderin'...later....mikey357

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yes, I will be there on Sunday. Do we need 4 mags?

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Yes, I will be there on Sunday. Do we need 4 mags?
i usually bring around 65 mags to shoot 5 divisions. as far as needs i guess you really only need one, but it'll sure be slow going.

·
Helo bubba
120 Posts
I'll be there.
Anyone else staying at The Victoria?:tongueout:

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,190 Posts
Yep the old Florida gang will be there Don at PC/ DEJ/FL/OLD AND I DO ME OLD unclebob/ and Pharaoh will all head to the match.
Pharaoh
But it sure beats the alterative.:tongueout:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts