close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Marlin XL-7 .30/06.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bestseller92, Jan 16, 2010.

1. bestseller92

bestseller92 Oklahoman!

My gun collection/"arsenal" has had pretty much all the bases covered, except a long range bolt action rifle.

Today I took a step to fill that gap by ordering online a new Marlin XL7 .30/06 with scope for $309, plus $18 shipping. Can't wait till it gets here! Christmas comes in January this year.

Any thoughts on the XL7? I've heard some good things about them. The scope I'll probably dump later for a Leupold.

I like Marlins and think I got a good deal. The shops around here are sort of high; they want $350 for one, plus sales tax (9.185%) without the scope. All told, I'll pay about $355 for this one, after all associated fees.

Concerning '06 ammo, I can get Federal at WM for $14.99/box of 20. Any opinions on this ammo? I'll at least try it and see if it shoots accurately in my XL7.

2. texas_rifle

texas_rifle

This is the ammo i use for hog hunting out of my 30-06's (total of four rifles currently) and been used on a two deer also. Each time used the rounds performed properly and let the animal dead without a need for a second shot or anything similar. About the cheapest quality ammo you will find (at least in my area that is) and it is really accurate too so about all you can ask for imo.

As for the XL7 I been thinking of getting one and came close to leaving the store with one but i ended up picking up a Browning A-bolt instead due to the deal was way too good to pass up. One of these days i'll end up buying one because i have heard alot of great reviews for the rifle for a good price.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010

3. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

The only .30-06 I store is 180 grain Remington PSP and 180 grain Federal PSP. Anything 180 grains of .30-06 won't kill, I didn't want dead. And last I checked, Remington was 1$ a box more than Federal, at WalMart. Given a choice between brands, I'd buy both.

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! I've heard nothing but good stuff about the XL-7.

5. Omaha-BeenGlockin

Omaha-BeenGlockin

That's the ammo(150gn) I use in my Ruger Hawkeye .30-06---its a sub-moa shooter with that cheap ammo.