Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been awhile since I bought a new Marlin 60 ( bout 18yrs ago)
I gave the rifle to a fellow and his son....

How are the new Model 60's ?
My niece is thinking about a barn/ truck 22 Semi rifle ...
And shes deciding between a 10/22 or a Model 60

·
Huge Member
11,689 Posts
Well, Marlin ain't what they used to be since they sold out to the conglomerate that owns Remington.

Personally I'd rather use a Marlin 795 than a 60 but a 10/22 over either of those. I do own multiples of all three because I teach rifle classes but the 10/22 gets used a lot more and it preferred by more students, more often than any other.

·
NRA Life Member
5,937 Posts
If this was 1990, 2000, or even 2005 I'd say either would be fine. But on the eve of 2018, I would definitely get the Ruger if I wanted a new production gun.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
The last 60 I owned was made in Mayfield, KY and it was accurate and reliable as any I've owned in the past (5-6 over 30+ years).

I've read of more than a few fit/finish/functioning issues with 'Marlington/Remlin' lever guns but not so much from their SA .22's.

·
Wood butcher
2,430 Posts
I bought a new Stainless model about three months ago. Works as well as I remember and is every bit as accurate. So far, about 1 brick of ammo (two different brands) and not a single hickup. It's a fun 22 but my "go to's" are a Browning SA 22 and a scoped CZ Full Stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts