New M spacings details.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I called GSSF to check if there were any changes to the spacings on the M other than the distances. There are not. Side to side spacings will stay the same. For your convenience I have copied the section from The Glock Report with those spacings.

Competitor faces four NRA “D-1” Cardboard targets and three (in some cases, only one) steel reactive targets
    (usually, IPSC/USPSA “Pepper Popper” targets or their NRA Action Pistol equivalents). Wherever possible, two
    “D-1” targets are situated so that the inside edge of each target is six feet either side of a centerline that extends
    7 yards from the firing position. The three steel reactive targets are situated along a line 11 yards from the
    firing position. Two of the steel reactive targets are centered six feet either side of the centerline and the third
    steel target is on the centerline. If only one steel reactive target is being used it will be on the centerline. The
    remaining two “D-1” targets are situated so that the inside edge of each target is three feet either side of a
    centerline that extends 15 yards from the firing position.

I've modified the distances so that they correspond to the new distances from the firing position.

edit for spelling

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

^c
    Thanks! Pasted, printed, and into my range box.
    :)

3. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Put a shooter in the "box", and draw the CL out from him and start placing D-1's 6ft(why didn't they say 2 yards?)right and left of 7yds out from the shooter on the CL...
    The "old" way was 10yds, not 7yds...Thats gonna "widen up" the shooter's impact area by...lemme see here, sin x cosin divided by tangent...ummmm....well it's GONNA widen up the impact area!
    We'll all have to make our notch in our rear sights W I D E R...
    or is that narrower...Oh Bother!!!
    IBTL LOL!