Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added a Streamlight TLR-6 to my Glock 26. So far I like it but quickly realized that the buttons were made to be used with your support hand thumb unless you have long fingers. I am waiting on my Comp-Tac Infidel Max to come in which supports the TLR-6. I'll update once I receive the holster and carry for a bit. Does anyone have any experience with this carry combination or just the light or holster specifically?

Here is a link to the specific light: http://amzn.to/2363mkl

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just added a Streamlight TLR-6 to my Glock 26. So far I like it but quickly realized that the buttons were made to be used with your support hand thumb unless you have long fingers. I am waiting on my Comp-Tac Infidel Max to come in which supports the TLR-6. I'll update once I receive the holster and carry for a bit. Does anyone have any experience with this carry combination or just the light or holster specifically?

Here is a link to the specific light: http://amzn.to/2363mkl

I have the same light/laser on my 26 and love it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice light. Did you do the stippling?
Thanks. Sure did, it was my 3rd gun that I stippled myself. I actually started with some 30rd pmags for my AR. Patience, a somewhat steady hand, and a wood burning kit (this is the one I use http://amzn.to/1UPw8iO) is all you need. So far I've done my G19, Shield 9mm, and G26.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks. Sure did, it was my 3rd gun that I stippled myself. I actually started with some 30rd pmags for my AR. Patience, a somewhat steady hand, and a wood burning kit (this is the one I use http://amzn.to/1UPw8iO) is all you need. So far I've done my G19, Shield 9mm, and G26.
Great job on the stippling!

I've wanted to try doing this myself. Just never had the nerve to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job on the stippling!

I've wanted to try doing this myself. Just never had the nerve to do it.
Yeah, I'll admit the first one is nerve wracking but like I said... start on something like a pmag. Actually my very first test once I got the kit was on this serpa holster for my G19.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I just ordered another Gen 4 G26 that I plan to dedicate for night work ... home, car, hiking, etc. I've been looking at kydex OWB holsters with a paddle for easy on/off. How easy is it to mount and dismount the TLR-6? That's the light I'm also looking at. As for the stippling, doesn't that rub your skin raw in a CC mode? I find the Gen 4 texture about as aggressive as I want to carry against bare skin.

·
Just sayin'
4,642 Posts
Cool DIY stippling, OP. Looks like you have a great carry setup happening. Enjoy and be safe.

Reactions: Tr4derJ0e

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered another Gen 4 G26 that I plan to dedicate for night work ... home, car, hiking, etc. I've been looking at kydex OWB holsters with a paddle for easy on/off. How easy is it to mount and dismount the TLR-6? That's the light I'm also looking at. As for the stippling, doesn't that rub your skin raw in a CC mode? I find the Gen 4 texture about as aggressive as I want to carry against bare skin.
it's super easy to mount/unmount. small allen key and 3 screws is all... install or uninstallation time is less than a minute. the stippling doesn't bother me at all. I did a little sand job on it to knock the real roughness down so maybe that did the job.

·
Registered
54 Posts
[QUOTE="So far I like it but quickly realized that the buttons were made to be used with your support hand thumb unless you have long fingers. [/QUOTE]

That is what it keeping me from ordering one. I have short fingers, and when I tried it out at the NRA convention, I couldn't even come CLOSE to activating it with my trigger finger. Maybe for use in HD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"So far I like it but quickly realized that the buttons were made to be used with your support hand thumb unless you have long fingers.

That is what it keeping me from ordering one. I have short fingers, and when I tried it out at the NRA convention, I couldn't even come CLOSE to activating it with my trigger finger. Maybe for use in HD.
not that hard at all if you use your support thumb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.