Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had been looking for a puppy for about one month when we found one. His name is Dodge (named by the folks at Animal Control) They found his mom as a stray, and saw that she was getting fatter as the days had gone by. She had 4 pups, 3 black and one golden. They said she was German Shorthair.

He is now 3 months old and a hand full. He is great most of the time, wining when he has to go out to potty. He does great on the leash, and loves to play with his toys. He fetches his toy duck.

The biggest problem we are having is leaving him home. When we get home, he has pooped, or peed on the floor,and barking/wining. We got a large wire kennel, hoping that would help! Nope just makes the same mess in the kennel.

Any suggestions?

Don

·
Registered
384 Posts
Your kennel might be too big. I'm a big supporter of crate training dogs and leaving them in the crate at night and during the day when I'm gone. Before I subscribed to this logic, I had several ruined doors, potty stains, and ripped furniture. Honestly, I think a dog needs their own space and a crate fills that need perfectly.

My last dog was 95 pounds and we went through 3 crates. As the dog grew from puppyhood, we got the next size up. The crate only needs to be big enough for the dog to turn around.

Look on craiglist, you can find great deals. My suggestion is to get a smaller crate for your pup. He's a cutie BTW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.