New kitty

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by awcrooks, May 4, 2007.

1. awcrooks

awcrooks Returning Glocker

After loosing the family cat of almost 19 years back in November, we decided it was time to bring another one into the fold. Meet Skeeter, the male silver tabby. We found him at the local humane society and that's where the story begins. He loves to climb everything he can get his claws into (which won't be tolerated inside the house), will fetch anything you throw and most of the time bring it back to you, loves to butt heads, and purrs non-stop like a weedeater. I'm not positive on his age, but I believe he is between 10-12 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. method

method

That's a good looking boy. Hope he behaves for ya.

3. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

He is a sweetie for sure!!!

4. goldenlight

goldenlight

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your senior citizen cat. But, as hard as it is to lose them at any age, 19 is a good long life for a cat. I'm glad you you had your cat for as long as you did.

I lost my two previous cats at ages 16 and 18; again a good long life for a cat. Sure went by fast; and I sure do miss them still!

I'm also glad to hear you adopted a shelter cat. Here's hoping that Skeeter lives to a ripe old age, too. He's a very pretty tabby kitty! He sounds like a real sweetheart, too. :thumbsup:

Nice pics, BTW.

One piece of advice you likely already know: since he's young, he's still very trainable, so teach him about scratching posts early, and life will be much easier on you.

Good luck with the little rascal. I don't think I have the energy to have a kitten in the house anymore. (Although they sure are cute, and a LOT of fun!)

5. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Adorable!!!! :thumbsup: :hearts:

Post more pics of him growing up and then your others too!!!

6. denfoote

denfoote MENACE

Ahhhhhh cute kitty!!
    Although, in the second pic, he looks like he's not amused by being on camera!!!

7. Stillhuntn

Stillhuntn

He is adorable. I uunderstand the climbing. Our 5 kitties like to climb, but are not distructive. Our house looks like an advertisement for cat furniture and scratching post. It works though. Keep posting photos as he grows.

8. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

We had Missy declawed before SoftPaws were an option. Our basement den used to have a huge carpet-covered beam supporting the living/dining room floors (bought the house from a carpet layer---do you have any idea how many ways a person can use carpet??). Missy would go up this beam then out it, upside down hanging on with all fours. I kept her claws cut plenty short but she could still scale it! Finally, after she fell off a few times, we decided it would be best to declaw her before she broke her neck or back or something :shocked:

I love tabbies. I want a gray one! We have two tabbies now, a red and a yellow. Both were rescues that we didn't get to pick from a litter but that is OK as they are great little girls and we love them anyway :)