GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our amazing cat had to be put down in June. I haven't had a kitten since 2006. We adopted a 2 month old kitten about 6 weeks ago, he is now about 3.5 months. 2 weeks ago we adopted a brother and sister that are now about 2.5 months old.

The 2 are so chill. The first kitten has his moments of being a very friendly cat but also think he could be the spawn of Satan. He can be down right vicious to the other male kitten, mostly because the younger male kitten is very passive and allows the older one run the show. The female kitten at least stands up for herself, so she isn't messed with much.

How can I get them all to coexist a little better? I am actually starting to be concerned for the younger kitten's safety. I have never had a cat this stubborn or mean. At this point I am keeping them separated most of the time.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Let them go at it. It will work out. As kittens, they will have the zoomers, but it will calm down soon. It's hard to do while it's happening to you, but enjoy it. They don't stay kittens for long. And the more time you spend with them now, the more they will spend with you later. I don't think they will actually hurt each other. I'm sure the caturday crew will be by soon with actually helpful advice.

·
Senior Moment
5,880 Posts
They will establish a pecking order. As long as there is no blood or vet bills, let them figure out who is boss. When the younger male gets his size, there might be some payback. I still go though this with cats who have been feuding for 10 years.
Some photos who be nice Csv.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make a small boxing ring. Invite some guys over. Have them bet in the cats. Place cats in the ring and let them go at it. You get a 10% take for the house.
Well I just caught SS with a rear naked choke and Mike Tysoning the other cats ears and neck, after the sister laid the smack down on him for stepping to her, so you might be on to something

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
We had to get rid a a female cat because our other cat was too timid. This one would viciously attack her and starting a pissing contest with our puppy. We didn't realize she was going in the corner of the living room and by the other cats litter box. As soon as we rehomed her, our house breaking for our puppy got much easier. He was partially responding to the territorial peeing by the other cat.

We've never had luck with male cats. We had two other male that was perfect aside from spraying. Another attacked our older cat relentlessly. Yet another was perfect except...you guessed it...spraying. For all of these cats, we've had multiple litter boxes, spayed/neutered, etc. To them it was just territorial and they had to go.

Our current cat tolerates the puppy, but mostly stays away.

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,339 Posts
minicrossbow.jpg

Get one of these. Shoot the bully when he gets out of line. The projectile is basically a toothpick.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,092 Posts
the picked on kitten needs it's own pet dog to even things out

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,339 Posts
Wow. Where can I get one of these?
I don't actually know. Mine was a gift. A google search should come up with something.

Edit: Google 'toothpick crossbow'. They can be purchased from Wish and other sites for around $5. There is a compound crossbow version from Wish that shoots steel needles and ball bearings. Looks really cool.

·
Kwisatz Haderach in Training
3,902 Posts
Csv, your cats are too young, but for my old cats I have a croc rubber sandal that I bounce off them when they pick on a timid cat. Now when some fighting starts I yell "shoe" and all the cats go under beds.
Make a few "bricks" from soft squeezy packing foam. The gray stuff. Smaller in size too. 4x4x4

1 - 20 of 36 Posts