close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New kid on the porch

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by walkin man, May 26, 2007.

1. walkin man

walkin man

This is causing turmoil in the household. All the other cats are creating alliances and are ready to vote him or her, were not sure yet, off the island. Or at least break his bowl.

I have seen this cat in the pasture hunting but assumed he belonged to one of the neighbors. Thursday he came up on the back porch begging. Not afraid of being handled and craves petting. He ate a bowl of dry food and moved in. He takes every step I take when outside and loves to be petted. The other cats think he is a little needy however. I guess it will be off to the vet Tuesday for shots and a little surgery.

I was thinking about getting a kitten to replace Goldy, our old lady we lost last year, but I guess we were chosen by Earl.

walkin man

2. walkin man

walkin man

Here's another.

walkin man

3. walkin man

walkin man

One more.

walkin man

4. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

In my opinion this kittys a keeper! Friendly and looks very healthy. Years ago at my job the same thing happened to me with a stray male that was already altered. We took him in and have been loving him ever since.

5. walkin man

walkin man

This little girl is something else. Yeah it's a girl. Now I need a new name for her, Earline just doesn't seem to fit. She strolled into the house this afternoon, sat quietly beside me on the couch for a while, used the box and asked to go out again. Quite a little lady, I have to say.

walkin man

6. Lynn D

Lynn D Bullseye?

How 'bout "Evvie"....I like the idea of an "e" name! :cat:

7. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

My cat, Sammy looks just like him. He chose me too. Just hopped over the fence and decided to stay.

[​IMG]

8. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

pretty cat Tony!!

WalkinMan........so it is a girl huh?? What's the latest?? Has she been fixed?? If she is that friendly she may already have been fixed already.......how's it going with her?????

9. walkin man

walkin man

Hi Peach. These cats can be confusing. Earl, Evvie, Butter Scotch or whatever the name was at the time had it's visit to the vet Thursday. It turned out to be a male and had already been fixed. He got a clean bill of health and all his shots. The vet says all he needs is groceries.

So the name is now Earl and he seems happy with it. Whenever I call he comes running and takes every step I take. He will stay in the house for a short period then it's back to the back porch for him. He has discovered if he lays real close to the steps on his back when the other cats come outside they have to jump over him. He takes this opportunity to count coup on their belly as they go over. So far this has led to him getting some language lessons from the coupee but no physical violence yet.

walkin man

10. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

that's excellent news Walkin!!! You didn't have to cough up bucks for a neuter fee as he was already done. That leads me to believe he was someone's pet and he wandered away. He looks like he was well maintained although you said he was kinda thin when you got him. Glad he is gonna work out for you guys!!! :thumbsup: Bless you for taking him in too!!