close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Kahr owner with questions

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by roknjs, Mar 4, 2012.

1. roknjs

roknjs

Recently bought a PM9. Took it to the range yesterday and got about 70 rounds down range without one hiccup.

Later I went to a gun show and looked at a K9, so now I know what's next on my list.

So here's my question. What about a CW45? I don't know anyone with one, but I may want one. Someone tell me why or why not?

2. Linux3

Linux3

I have a TP9, A PM9 and a P380 and am a fan of Kahr pistols but...

I do think .45 ACP is a bit much for the size and frame of a Kahr. I have fired a PM45 and it was really hard to hold on to and as for a double tap. Long time to re-acquire the target.

I don't want to get in a flame war or anything but I think 9MM Kahrs are best.

But, that's just me. I am sure there are PM45 and PM40 owners who love the beasts.

3. jhertzler

jhertzler

I have a CW45 and I love it. It is a great size -- lightweight and concealable with all that great .45 ACP firepower. I do not find the recoil to be bad at all and I am able to shoot it very well (accurately).

I had a little trouble at first with the magazine dropping out during firing, but Kahr sent me a new magazine latch which I installed myself and I am not having a problem any longer. I don't know what the deal was with that. There may have been a few with this problem.

There are some of us who have gotten aftermarket 1911 magazines and gotten a flush-fit, which is kind of cool. You have to do some modification to the magazine for it to work properly. This might be or not be something you would be interested. There's plenty of info. on the Internet about how to do it.

Take a look at one, hold it, etc. before you decide if it's right for you.

Joe

4. Bald Baron

Bald Baron Hermit

I got a CW45 a week ago. Put 220 rounds through it so far with no hick ups. Recoil isn't any worse than a small 1911 in my opinion. Great gun for the money.:wavey:

5. roknjs

roknjs

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming.

6. Cowart

Cowart

The CW45 is probably just about the least expensive small name brand 45acp auto out there. They run $347 shipped at
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/52707/

They do have considerable recoil, about the same as a medium frame 357mag revolver. Like most Kahrs, the magazines are a bit spendy.

7. roknjs

roknjs

How would you compare it to a CW40 or K40?

8. jhertzler

jhertzler

9. roknjs

roknjs

The only thing I regret now is not holding out for a CM9. My LGS didn't have one so I jumped on the PM. I want a K9 as I said above, but now I'm feeling a CW45 in my future too

10. TTO DRIVER

TTO DRIVER

I have the CW45 & CM9 and love them both. I added Dawson Precision front Night Sights to both of them and they are good to go! Haven't had any problems with ether of them after about 1000 rounds each. :wavey:

[​IMG]

11. shockglock

shockglock

I have a CM9 and had a CW45. I traded a gen3 26 for the CW45 and had nothing but problems from the get go. Nothing but good to say about Kahr CS, but as soon as the gun was running right, I traded it in on a gen4 26. Wouldn't give up my CM9 though, has ran perfect from the start. I'm carrying it on me right now,

12. Mr.357Sig

Mr.357Sig

My CW45 is my EDC. I sometimes carry my Glock 31, but usually it's the Kahr. It's light, easy to conceal and packs a hell of a punch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jhertzler

jhertzler

These are great. Are they exactlly the same height as the stock front sight? Thanks. Joe

14. TTO DRIVER

TTO DRIVER

Joe,
    I believe they are. In the description they state they match up with the factory rear sight or their rear n/s. All I know is that they are point of aim on both my CM & CW.
    Andy :cool:

15. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the PM9.