New Info

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Go to www.gssfonline.com and read under "Hot Topics" new info on the use of the new G38/39 in matches. Also they have just put up the "New Competitors" briefing that is supposed to tell you everything you need to know to compete in GSSF.

I would highly recommend ALL read. You can even print it from your computer for a hard copy if you like. Please don't ask someone else to tell you what it says until you have taken the time to review it yourself first. Only GSSF Staff can answer your questions with authority, our comments would only be how we interprit the info and may not be fact. :) :) :)

2. Don At PC

I just read through the briefing and only saw one item I would like to see more clearly defined. On page 11 under sign in sheets next to the last item it says: " When shooting multiple entries, you may only shoot 2 divisions consecutively before another competitor will be allowed to shoot". To that point I have no concern, however it doesn't state that you will stay in that squad and shoot your 3rd or 4th division after the next person up in that squad shoots. This seems the logical thing however at the last Las Vegas match one of the RO's would call up a squad and everyone in that squad shot up to 2 divisions and then she called up a new squad and if you were shooting 3 divisions you were sent back to the end of the list which I don't believe was the intent of squading.

I would just like to see it clarified that once you are squaded you shoot with that squad untill you have shot all divisions you were signed up to shoot. I always shoot 3 and have no problem with shooting 2 and letting someone else shoot 2 and then I shoot my 3rd and final. At the same time I don't agree with shooting my first 2 and then going to the end and waiting on a dozen other to shoot before I shoot my 3rd. This holds up the who process because I would be backed up on that stage when I could have been on the next stage.

3. GJM89

GJM89

Don, the way it always was supposed to be, as far as I know, was that you would shoot two, then another shooter would shoot either one or two, then you would shoot again either one or two, etc. etc.etc., looks like it's still the same way. But, I'm old and what could I possibly know.;f ;f ;f

4. Don At PC

Yep, I know you are old. ;f And I agree that is the way it is supposed to work, I was just passing on how the one RO at the last Vegas match was doing it and thought it could be spelled out so there is no "Personal RO Interpretation" again.

See'ya this weekend old buddy.

5. GJM89

GJM89

Looking forward to it.

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Definitely needs to be clarified. I usually shoot five categories and if I run into an RO that wants to only let me shoot two entries per squad then I gotta get the match director involved for a ruling!