Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just picked up a new Gen 4 Glock 26 and ordered some Ameriglo IDot Pro (model # Gl-301) to put on it. I own the GL-201 for my glock 19, which I believe is the same exact set of sights except with the orange ring around the front site instead of yellow. The sites arrived from amazon.com today and when I took them out of the box they appeared a bit more worn than I expected new sites to look, but they glow bright. I have attached some pictures to show what I am talking about. Also, I don't know why they have a hole in the top, because my GL-201 do not, but some pictures online show them with the hole some do not. Should I send these back to amazon, or is this normal for ameriglo to come this beatup from the factory these days?

Steve

Finger Hand Nail Technology Auto part
Cash Material property Finger Money

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys, I wrote Ameriglo an email and we will see what they have to say about it. I included a picture of the sights as well. I'm not sure whether the set I got just has a bad finish direct from the factory or someone installed them and returned them. The front sight appears to be in great condition and shows no evidence of installation. I may decide to go ahead and install them because they glow bright and work, but I am hesitant because I feel like new sights should not look like this, and my daily carry Glock 19 with Ameriglo GL-201s look to be in better shape and they are 5 years old. If this is not unique to me and this is how Ameriglos come from the factory, this will be my last set I ever purchase.

· Registered
15,399 Posts
Could be either. I ordered a Burris FastFire 3 last year from a vendor on Amazon.com and the elevation screw was buggered up. Could be what AG ships, could be a return. How does the dovetail look? Any sign of rubbing?

· Registered
173 Posts
It's a shame but I think Amazon has gone downhill. They were at one time a great place to shop but I think that they have outgrown themselves. I still order from time to time but am more wary.. I try to avoid them whenever possible. FWIW I ordered from Ameriglo sight directly and had good experience. Super nice folks will actually pick up the phone and I was able to google a discount code.

· Banned
327 Posts
It's a shame but I think Amazon has gone downhill. They were at one time a great place to shop but I think that they have outgrown themselves. I still order from time to time but am more wary.. I try to avoid them whenever possible. FWIW I ordered from Ameriglo sight directly and had good experience. Super nice folks will actually pick up the phone and I was able to google a discount code.
It has nothing to do with Amazon. Mine came like that too and I got mine directly from Ameriglo. They just have some really bad qc on the rear sights right now. Their customer service was not that great either returning them. At that point I went with Trijicon HD. Never had an issue with them.

· Registered
173 Posts
It has been 8 weeks or so since my Ameriglo sights came in. Could be that I just got lucky then; mine were perfect. When I had questions I called and the man answered the phone and answered them. With the discount code was cheaper than Amazon so thought that they were a good deal. YMMV.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to update the thread here. I emailed Ameriglo and was told to soak the sights in a penetrating oil overnight. I used Hoppes #9 and sent pictures and was told that wasnt good enough because it wasnt penetrating. I was told that I should use Remoil overnight and report back, and at that point they would be willing to exchange my sights. I used the remoil for about 30 min and it didnt do anything, the bottom line is the finish is completely messed up, you can see the baremetal, some oil is not going to fix that. I dont feel that the customer should be responsible to soak the sights in penetrating oil on a 100 dollar set of sights new from the factory. I eventually went on amazon's website printed a shipping label and had a new set coming my way within 2 minutes. Im gonna inspect the new sights and if I am not happy will be ordering Trijicon HDs. At this point in time I am somewhat disappointed in Ameriglo's quality and making me jump through some hoops to get my rear sight swapped out.

· Banned
327 Posts
Just to update the thread here. I emailed Ameriglo and was told to soak the sights in a penetrating oil overnight. I used Hoppes #9 and sent pictures and was told that wasnt good enough because it wasnt penetrating. I was told that I should use Remoil overnight and report back, and at that point they would be willing to exchange my sights. I used the remoil for about 30 min and it didnt do anything, the bottom line is the finish is completely messed up, you can see the baremetal, some oil is not going to fix that. I dont feel that the customer should be responsible to soak the sights in penetrating oil on a 100 dollar set of sights new from the factory. I eventually went on amazon's website printed a shipping label and had a new set coming my way within 2 minutes. Im gonna inspect the new sights and if I am not happy will be ordering Trijicon HDs. At this point in time I am somewhat disappointed in Ameriglo's quality and making me jump through some hoops to get my rear sight swapped out.
That's absolutely ridiculous. Their customer service is horrible. Trijicon HD I went with are very nicely finished and worth the extra price.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some pictures after doing the magical "soaking" The pictures compare my sights to the same ones installed on a Shield and my Glock 19 that is 4 years old! Just a shame that quality control has gone down on these sights, because they really are nice! I dont think this has anything to do with Amazon. The sights are stamped 2015 and show no signs of installation, just very poor finish. The sights were sold and shipped by Amazon.com so it wasnt some 3rd party vendor, cant use the excuse that Amazon is at fault because they are the Worlds 2nd largest online retailer. People have said that direct ordering directly from Ameriglo has resulted in the same issues. We will see how my second set looks....

Attachments

· Registered
16 Posts
We agree that the finish on some of the i-dot rears is not as good as it should be. Anyone wanting to swap out their rear sight for a new replacement can send it to us for a new version. We have switched back to our original Nitride coating vendor and new production looks great. No RA needed - just send it to our GA address and include your name and address.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
We agree that the finish on some of the i-dot rears is not as good as it should be. Anyone wanting to swap out their rear sight for a new replacement can send it to us for a new version. We have switched back to our original Nitride coating vendor and new production looks great. No RA needed - just send it to our GA address and include your name and address.
Awesome customer service! More vendors should be on these forums to answer customer questions and concerns.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
This is why all my guns have ameriglos on them. Thank you for the great CS I have received over the years!

· Registered
788 Posts
I have 5 sets of Ameriglos and they all looked brand new upon receipt.

Glad to see they responded to your post. Hope you contacted them prior to posting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.