New Holster Review

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by eaglefrq, Jan 7, 2010.

1. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

While looking around at different IWB holster threads, I ran across this one with the post by SiGlockBoy (John) and some pictures of a holster that he made. <o:p> </o:p>
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1157578
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I was interested in his holster and sent him a PM asking if he would make a holster for me since I am always looking at the different carry options.
    I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck and RM Low Ride holster. When I wear the Low Ride, I suffer from &#8220;draggin drawers&#8221; but, I don&#8217;t have this problem with the SuperTuck. I think it&#8217;s because the footprint is much larger on the SuperTuck and while I don&#8217;t have a dedicated gun belt, I have a couple on order. I wear a sturdy 1.5&#8221; mechanics leather belt, but it isn&#8217;t the same and this may be part of the problem with my Low Ride holster.

I talked with John about what I was looking for and his holster sounded perfect. He also had a pocket mag pouch that I was interested in, but I wanted one with a belt clip. He agreed to make both the holster and mag pouch (with belt clip) for me. Turnaround time was fast, approx. 2 weeks including the holidays and major snow storms.
    I received my holster and mag pouch on Monday and have been wearing them for a couple of days to get the feel for them and see if there was anything I didn&#8217;t like or needed to be corrected. I&#8217;m happy to say there were no problems with them and I highly recommend John and his work. I don&#8217;t suffer the &#8220;draggin drawers&#8221; with his holster and mag pouch using the mechanics belt. I&#8217;m still waiting on my gun belts and I&#8217;m sure this will only make the holster and mag pouch ride better (if possible).
    The holster and mag pouch are made of quality leather and the stitching is solid with no discrepancies. The clips are metal and very strong and will no doubt last for a long time. The holster was custom fit for my Glock 26 and it fits perfectly. The holster is still on the stiff side which is to be expected, but I have noticed since I&#8217;ve had my gun in the holster for a couple of days, it has started to mold nicely to the gun and it is getting easier to draw.
    There is no internal stiffener like kydex or other material near the mouth so the holster does collapse partially when you draw. I was able to perform a one handed re-holster that was slightly difficult, but I was successful and I&#8217;m sure with more practice it will become easier.
    I am 6&#8217; and weigh 229 and unfortunately, I have a spare tire and love handles but, the holster and mag pouch conceal nicely wearing only a t-shirt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

3. AJ1966

AJ1966

+1 for these holsters!

I purchased one for my G30 in black. The clips are better than other holsters I have (Galco USA for G30 and Stow N Go for a J frame) because they're metal. I may ditch my J frame holster for one of his because I can get one with a stronger clip for the same price.

Draw is slower than my Galco USA, but it conceals and secures better, and with the leather behind it, it doesn't dig into me. I'm a skinny bastard at 6'0 150. I like that mag pouch also! I might want one now haha. For the price it's worth having this holster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]