close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New holster for glock 30

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by An8jrfan, Mar 25, 2010.

1. An8jrfan

An8jrfan

Been going to the local gun shops looking for a holster for my newly purchased Glock 30. I wanted to get a decent looking black leather holster for owb carry that could be concealed with a shirt or jacket but would be visible for open carried as im still waiting on my concealed carry permit. I came across Tagua gunleather holsters. At $30 it was under half the price of some of the other options. My only concern is it is very tight. I know that retention is important but it is so tight i have to pull very hard to draw from it and when i reholster it it pushes the slide open half way. I dont have any experience with leather holsters so i was looking for some input. How can i loosen up the holster? Will it loosen up overtime or are there any tricks to getting it to wear in quicker? Will leaving the gun in it for a few days help? thanks in advance Jason.

Attached Files:

2. MAvrit

MAvrit

I thought the same thing when I got my first leather holster. Just draw, holster, and repeat about 100 times and it will be great.

Matt

3. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

It is a good thing for a leather holster to start out too tight because, like shoes or other fine leather goods, they stretch with wear. The best break-in method I've seen came from Brommeland Gunleather who recommends wrapping the pistol (unloaded of course) in two layers of wax paper (wax side out). Insert pistol into holster and leave overnight. Next day, do several draws with wax paper still on. Now remove wax paper and do the same with the bare pistol. You should be good to go.

4. dallas cowboy

dallas cowboy

I kinda have the same issue with mine but it's not too bad. Maybe you need to workout :whistling:

haha jk. but in all seriousness, I'm practicing drawing my g23 from it and it seems to be loosening up a little bit

5. 05_psd_erik

05_psd_erik \/ Why I Carry

New here but I will have my first Glock soon (G30) and I saw elsewhere on the site someone mentioned wrapping your gun in a few layers of plastic wrap or something similar and working it into the holster a few times. This effectively makes the gun 'larger' (don;t go overboard) and it will help open the leather up a little bit.