Glock Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Original P30 Series was the "BATMAN GUN" LOL!

Got a New Pistola over the weekend.. I just wanted to try something a little different... You know a change of pace, just taking a little taste of the spice of life which is "variety pie". This past Saturday, I picked up a new HK P30sk LE Version with the TRU DOT Meps factory installed. This pistol seems pretty sweet and is very ergonomic via the modular grip panel system carried over from the P30 Series. In many ways it's more refined that my trusty ol Glock 26, but not as smooth of a trigger in DA Mode. I bought the V3 with the safety lever to be able to carry it cocked n locked for that sweet SA trigger pull. Once they make this gun in a VP9sk I might be relegating it to less carry LOL! I just wanted something different since I'm about 95% striker fired. I'm one of those proverbial "new age" shooters that think Striker-Fired is the State of the Art and Hammers are now Defunct on CCW Weapons... *satire pun intended*

Attachments

· Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, I think it's a hell of a gun, I have the P30SK V1 and love the trigger, the quality, etc. I have no problem carrying the V1 in an IWB, appendix carry. Waiting on my INCOG holster for it :)
Since I'm such a Big Glockhead... I'd gotten the V1 since it has the "Light LEM" It would have been most "Glocklike" since its more of a shorter DA Only type trigger. But I do like the option of COCKED N LOCKED on the version....

· Registered
6,269 Posts
Since I'm such a Big Glockhead... I'd gotten the V1 since it has the "Light LEM" It would have been most "Glocklike" since its more of a shorter DA Only type trigger. But I do like the option of COCKED N LOCKED on the version....
I do not like the DA/SA of the V3 but if it had a better trigger...for me, I wouldn't mind it.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! I have the no-safety/V3 model, and love it a lot. Mine shoots very nicely and has not had any malfunctions with any of my ammo or any factory ammo I have put through it, even with the old P30 mags I have.

· BRAVIA 4 LIFE!
1,958 Posts
I just purchased a second one and will probably buy a third in another month or so. I LOVE THEM! I only purchase H&K's that can be carried cocked and locked.

· Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know the slide is slightly heavier on the VP40. How would you compare the felt recoil between the VP9 and VP40?
I'd not shot a .40cal in almost a year when I'd bought the VP-40... It honestly shoots like a hotter 9mm to me... The heft of the normal recoil impulse is mitigated by that extra slide mass and weight. The only drawback is that the slide is not tapered as nice in its shape as the VP9 is... Ironically the trigger on my VP40 feels nicer and breaks sooner and cleaner than my VP9. Neither break is cleaner than the PPQ, but out of the box they are OEM better feeling in the trigger break than any Glock I own....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.