New here, questions about site

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by hurricanezUM, Mar 17, 2007.

1. hurricanezUM

hurricanezUM

Hello all! I am a proud new glock owner. I also as you can tell have just signed up here. I have a newbie questions. I am having trouble finding threads i started, and also finding threads i have posted in. On another thread i am used to being able to click a button that says ''My Topics" and shows all the topics i have authored or clicking a button that says "My Active topics" which is for all the threads i have posted in. and LAST, sorry is a button they have where i can "bookmark" a thread so to speak meaning if i read one i like and want to go back and check on the progress of the thread and see new posts i can do that by clicking that button. Is there any functions like that here where i can do those things? If so can someone please point me in the right directions of how to do so? I find it a little long to have to search by my username just to find threads ive started. There has to be an easier way. Any help is appreciated and i look forward to shooting my new glock, and spending time on this site soaking up as much info as i can! Thanks guys!

PS. If i dont keep this window open and refresh the page then i will probably lose it too, thats how dumb i am LOL.

2. MIch_Packer

MIch_Packer Guest

Welcome to GT.

The User CP may help you find the threads. I automatically get notified of activity in any thread I have posted in. I thought the board did that by itself - if not options in the User CP will make that happen.

You could bookmark pages in 'Favorites' if you want to. Check out the User CP though - it probably has the answers to your questions.

3. JLB768

JLB768 Old & Grumpy Lifetime Member

Or, log in, click the search tab up top on the right, and under search by user name, type in your user name.

4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User CP (stands for control pannel). My homepage is Glock Talk's User CP. The User CP link is towards the top of the page, underneath the ad banner on the upper right and just to the right of the red "Donations" link.

Any thread you post in will go there, as well as any thread that you subscribe to. Bottom of the page when viewing a thread, just to the rigght of center, there is a "subscribe to this thread" or similer button. You can also subscribe to entire forums within the site, and they show up on your User CP. If you want to hunt for an old, not currently active topic there is a "view all subscribed threads" type button towards the bottom right of the User CP.

Makes keeping things straigth a lot simpler. :thumbsup:

5. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

The "Search" page is my bookmark for GT. I click the book mark, type in "zoyter2" and my posts come up quickly.

:thumbsup:

6. JLB768

JLB768 Old & Grumpy Lifetime Member

Being new here, I've been all over the board looking around. I find GT informative, interesting, and sometimes, extremely entertaining.

7. hurricanezUM

hurricanezUM

Thank you very much for the help gentlemen. I will use all suggestions mentioned.

8. G19cPH

G19cPH