close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New here...Question about S/N for Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SEATCLUB, Aug 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SEATCLUB

SEATCLUB

Hello all

I have in order a Glock 19 and my question is this
    The gun has the S/N ===> ESP ###
    When this pistol is constructed? any expaination for the codes please???
    The dealer say's is new (i buy it for new offcource) but i wont to be sure...

thanks

Labros from Greece (Olympic Gamesw rulezzz )

2. SEATCLUB

SEATCLUB

anyone ???;Q
    so is there a way to find out if the pistol is secondhand ???

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

4. SEATCLUB

SEATCLUB

yes:) but...

is there a way to find out if the pistol is secondhand ???

5. madcapmagician

madcapmagician

Seatclub,

It is most likely new, but just sat in a stockroom somewhere for a while. I got a new 19 6 weeks ago, and it was an FLPxxx series. According to the date code, it was about a year old, but when I got it, the box was sealed and it was perfect. Besides, its a Glock, it wont be a problem either way. Enjoy it when you get it!

6. SEATCLUB

SEATCLUB

thanks madcapmagician i hope i love this gun
    ;a

7. vafish

vafish

Seatclub,

As mentioned in the other thread on this same topic, Your G19 is about 2 years old (manufacutred somketime in 2002).

If it was in the original Glock plastic box with the lable/seal unbroken I'd pretty much garauntee it's new. At 2 years old I doubt it is a Glock factory rebuild.

If the box was opened before you handled it then you'd have to look for wear and signs of firing. Look at the top of the barrel around the locking block area. If there is noticable wear in the finish it was actually used.

Also I assume that Greece like most european countries has handgun registration. Your registration authority should be able to tell you if it was previously registered.

At this point what does it really matter? You've already bought the gun, you thought it was new when you bought it, and you are going to go out and shoot it. (which makes it a used gun now) What are you going to do if you find out it was actually used by someone first? Take it back, get a new one, then use the new one?

It's kind of like when I buy a new computer. After I buy a new computer I stay out of the computer stores for at least 6 months. Otherwise I just get upset when I see I could have purchased the same computer for less a few weeks later.

Enjoy your G19.

8. 9jeeps

9jeeps

Good post. I also stay out of stores and don't read too many ads because you will always find the item for less, after the purchase, elsewhere. From cars to guns.

The first thing I look at on a Glock is the rails, rail slides, bbl slide to see minute evidence of use or abuse. EVEN if there is it's usually ok if the price is right and the guns looks fine. The only new Glocks I've gotten were gifts from Wifey. The used ones shoot just fine.

9. SEATCLUB

SEATCLUB