New here.... G36 and XDSC9

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Drivebytrucker, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker

Hey... new member

I now carry a XD9SC, but am going to buy a 45. Thinking about the glock 36. I was wondering if anyone that has carried both can chime in. Is the 36 harder/easier to conceal? I do believe that the grip is longer on the 36. I carry at 3 oclock, so the grip length is important to me not to be too long. Or, if anyone has side to side comparison pics, probably a long shot, but worth asking. Thanks guys. I own many guns, but no Glocks. I was really big on my next gun being a 1911, but im so used to training and memory with no safety and different type of trigger, so im hesitant. If not, the 36 looks like the way to go.

2. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

I would also take a look at the G39 in 45 gap. Subcompact frame with a .45 punch.

Manny

3. ambluemax

ambluemax

Concealability is art not science...it totally depends upon your body shape, wardrobe, and your belt, holster combo. Some people can easily conceal a desert eagle, some people can't hide a snub 38 to save their life. Pick a gun that you like and build a system around it.

The 1911 is not that hard to master. You should be shooting your carry peice enough were running it should be second nature. IMO it takes just as much practice to master the long travel passive safety systems as a 1911. I have no problem jumping back and forth between 1911's and XD/glocks. If you shoot a 1911 best, that is what you should carry, dito glock or XD

4. Jermedic

Jermedic

I have a G36 and XD40SC. I think my 40 is the same size as your 9mm. I have them both in front of me right now so I'll try to help. At a glance (not measuring) the G36 is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer than the xd. The G36 has a much slimmer grip then the xd. The xd is also just slightly taller than the 36. The extra barrel length should not be much harder to hide. I would think both would be equally easy to hide. Both of them are listed on my CCW application. I will try to get some pics in a few minutes.

5. Jermedic

Jermedic

Well my camera battery is dead so no pics tonight. I will try to get you some eventually.

6. rfd339

rfd339

A kimber ultra carry in a supertuck holster is real nice. My brothernlaw has this set up and I tried it this past weekend. Jeans and tshirt is no problem at all.

7. JitzCaliber

JitzCaliber

My EVD is a Glock 36 in an Alessi Talon Plus. Never know it's there. It's almost the same size as the Glock 19 (9mm).
    So there you go, trade in the XD9 for a Glock 19, Get a nice holster for it...

...and voila a new "home" for your new Glock 36:cool:

I don't think you can get a smaller, lighter, more comfortable carry in a 45acp, than the G36.
    My .02.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  8. texas_rifle

texas_rifle

just curious why not the XD 45 compact? it has a one inch longer barrel than your XDSC9 and about a quarter inch longer grip than the XDSC also. close to the G19 in size. You should already know how the XD shoots (grip), how to take apart for cleaning, etc.

Unless youre just looking at glocks to get into another brand which is good because you cant go wrong with a G36 either, great gun too, i was just curious!!!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010