New Hampshire one ups Montana on sovereignty law

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DonL, Jan 2, 2010.

1. DonL

DonL

http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-L...ire-proposes-state-soverignty-lawwith-a-twist

"Any official, agent, or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States that enforces or attempts to enforce a act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire and that remains within the State of New Hampshire shall be guilty of a class B felony. (emphasis added)"

2. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

It'd be funny to watch a bunch of BATFEces pukes get hauled away for trying to enforce a fedgov gun law if this passes.

Go New Hampshire!!!

3. Will-21

Will-21

The Federal Gov't is WAY out of control. More states should be doing this. This whole Interstate Commerce Clause is a roost just to control our citizenry and invade our privacy. :steamed:

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

5. StoneDog

StoneDog

OK, playing devil's advocate... If the NH ammo manufacturing buys formed brass, cast lead bullets, primer or powder across state lines is it still considered "manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire"?

6. kiole

kiole

It's going to suck for the people who have to be the test cases for these new laws. I'm all for state sovereignty but it seems like the feds will be ignorning the laws and challenging the legality of these laws.

7. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

any State that has the word "die" in the motto is Okay with me.

8. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

I like the idea, but the states need to be investing heavily in Javelins and Stingers before they try to enforce it. Or the citizens need to be ready to rally to the (state) flag.

9. Wyoming

Wyoming

Agree! I will send check to help pay for legal cost and I'm sure out of the 80 million gun owner in USA several will do the same. That person is going to need a lot of money to compete against Feds because they will spent our tax money to protect their truff.

10. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

It's gonna cost the feds a whole lots of legal fee money over the healthcare bill. 19 states have already filed federal lawsuits to stop it.

11. tc556guy

tc556guy

Nope.

12. mymini40

mymini40

Way to go NH!!!!!!

13. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

This (the notion of states using guns to insist on 10th Amendment rights) is an amusing side show to the real fight going on.

14. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

You may be correct, but it's what they feel they can do about it right now. It's really a shame when the states believe they have to take such measures to reign in the Federal govt, really a shame. More's the shame that so many citizens feel they want the Federal govt to actually have that much control over them. They feel it's some sort of "progress". Hence the progressive movement now in vouge.

I believe the feeling is rooted in laziness and sloth. Some folks just don't want to have to take care of their own lives, it gives them some sort of warm fuzzy feeling to be "cared for", by anyone. Not to mention the personal responsibilities it relives them of.

We've become so lazy, so objectionable to taking care of ourselves that that is the real crime in it all.

15. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

Unfortunately, our state house currently has a Liberal majority, so it might have to wait until the next round of state elections.

I have to wonder, if this were to pass, would it make the sale of firearms manufactured and sold here in NH exempt from the federal excise tax? That would help reduce the local cost of firearms produced by Sig (Exeter, NH), Thompson Center (Rochester, NH), and Ruger (Newport, NH).

16. PSUEng

PSUEng

Not to be the thrower of cold water, as I'd love to see this kind of thing actually become law but....

Consider what Jesse Ventura said about having a high level CIA informant in his office and if you assume that all states have the same (which they probably do), don't think for one second a governor wouldn't be "coached" on what to do if a bill like this hit his desk. In other words, told to veto it. In no way is the Fed going to allow such legislation to come into law. They want more power--not less. And until some state flatout draws the line in the sand by putting the Fed on notice of secession, we are going to have more of the same huge governmental control out of DC. And to make the secession, you need a population ready to take a life or death stand on the matter--because it will come to a shootout. How many people do you really think would do that? I can't name 5 that I know. Too taken in by the sports games, their job, having the latest electronic gadgetry, etc. I think a revolution is long overdue...at least countries like Iran and China--whose citizens have no guns, take a stand. Here, we Americans do nothing, and have millions of guns and ammo....controlled by guilt.."You'll be a terroist"..."Against the greatest country on earth"...."What about your fellow man"....

17. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Sorry sir, but anyone who qoutes Jesse Ventura.......................:faint:

18. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Well, there are about 30K trained professional gunman right here on GT who have Molon Labe tattooed on their heart if not their chest, and all of which will fight to the death against ANY infringement of the 2nd amendment. :supergrin:

Then there are those who cancel their NRA membership because tossing "junk mail" is just too much hassle, yet look forward to loosing the house, family and life while engaging JBTs who come take their guns.

Well, couple that with a few hundred cops who would NEVER enforce an anti-2nd amendment law, nor do they know, or have ever met another LEO who would, and you have a formidable basis....as long as the battle stays on the internet anyways. :supergrin:

19. PSUEng

PSUEng

I won't start a debate as to why one wouldn't consider what he says, and I"m not defending everything he says. But just something else to consider.

20. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

My room mate just moved to NH this week. Its now top on my list once I am debt free enough to leave MD.