new guy with a ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 750SpiritRdr, Feb 22, 2010.

1. 750SpiritRdr

750SpiritRdr

Been reading the post about cleaning the Glock's. I just got a 2nd gen G17 from my dad that has only had 3 clips put down the tube. i more or less stole it from him for $200.
    Back to my ?... the only thing he has ever used to clean and lube it is WD-40, i'm not talkin a little spray here and there...i'm talkin about dropped into a bucket of WD, put back together, wipe off the outside, and put in the safe.
    It's never had the "upgrades" done to it so should i send it back to Glock and have them do what needs to be done or just clean it up myself and use mobil-1 like i do on my 19?

2. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Just check and see if it has a recall for anything, a simple call to glock or looking around on these forums will answer that.

Oh yeah and before anyone else says it "Pictures or it didn't happen" :tongueout:

3. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

I'd detail strip it, and clean it real good, and lube it the way it is supposed to be.

4. Dingus

Dingus

If the serial number is AA001US through about ZZ999US, then there is an upgrade kit available to Certified Armorers from Glock. If the serial number is AAA001US on up, therre is no upgrade, period.

5. 750SpiritRdr

750SpiritRdr

Called Glock and was told just to send them both in and if anything needed to be done they would do it. Got to love that.

I'll post pics of both the 17 & 19, but they are just stock...just the way i like them.

6. 750SpiritRdr

750SpiritRdr

the serial # is XW*** on the 17 and
    BUT*** on the 19