close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New guy with a new g20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 2-tap, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 2-tap

2-tap

Finally shot some real 10mm ammo (underwood) and fell in love. This round is underestimated big time. Anyway i want the extended barrel but don t know if i should stick with the glock or lone wolf. I also wanted to get a set of meprolight tru dot adjustable sights but nobody has them in stock for a reasonable price. Any info on this model and round would help since ive never had one. Ive read lots about chamber support and all that. Is that something i should be concerned with?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Congrats on the new 10mm, and welcome to GT!

I use a stock G20 with a KKM stock-length barrel in mine. Haven't run anything nuclear through it yet, so the RSA and other springs are stock.

The KKM has improved chamber support over the Glock barrel which shipped with mine. It's important to me, since I reload. Previously, the brass would have the guppy belly, but not since using the aftermarket barrel. I also use a Redding G-Rx die to size the brass back before sending it through the press.

I have XS Big Dot sights on my G20SF, and I'm able to hit everything I'm shooting with it. I haven't looked into the Meprolights you mentioned, but now you've got me curious...

Just so you can save some money for more ammo, you can get extra magazines from GT Distributors for $21.95 all day :cool:

3. 2-tap

2-tap

I shot underwoods 135,180, and 200 gr last weekend with the stock barrel. All the cases had a bit of bulge at the base but i didnt notice any smiles. Im mostly interested in the velocity gain from the extended barrel. I may reload some, i dont have a set up to load thousands of rounds though. As far as the meprolight sights according to the website they are the only company making adjustable night sights.

4. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Congrats on the G 20 ! SJ 40

5. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

Congrats on your new G20. Come join us over in The 10 Ring where the dads go to talk while the kids play here. :)

6. Ranger45

Ranger45

Welcome to GT, and congrats on your new Glock!

7. orangeride

orangeride

Ive got those sights on my 20 and I love them. They are tall but fit in all of my holsters, a BH Sherpa and a blade tech sting ray. I've heard they are tall enough to use with a can if you want.

8. 2-tap

2-tap

Where did you get yours from? Whats a good price ive seen them from $120-179

9. orangeride

orangeride

My brother got them from somewhere on amazon (we have matching 20's) for around 120. At the time all the normal glock places where out of stock.

10. hoffy

hoffy

I have been a 10mm fan for years, well decades. I have a Colt and a G-20,29. I dont worry about reloading brass, but I do not load them very hot either, well over 10mm lite, but I segregate brass and hot loads go through few fired brass. Regarding barrels, if you are never going to reload, and have the extra coin, I would go Glock, personally I would go with a KKM, Jarvis etc. as I am a bullet caster. I doubt I get the longer barrel as I no longer hunt, and if I did I got plenty of other stuff to use.

The sights rock for sure, I have a set on an HK USP Tactical, came on the gun stock, and I like them a lot. they are tall, made to clear a can, but fit my holster. Last i checked they were going between 130-150$. I lusted for years for a 29 and finally got one a while back, and it is not the handfull I expected, it is in my carry rotation. With the 20 hits at 100 yards are easy, some serious hardware. You did well.

11. 2-tap

2-tap

Thanks for the info guys. I need to order some more ammo so i can put some more rounds through it.

12. larson1122

larson1122

Congrats on the new G20!

13. guns54

guns54 toni

Congrats Have a safe night. Happy shooting.

14. Glock Master

Glock Master

Welcome and congrats on the G20.

15. bac1023

bac1023

16. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Congrats! Come on over to the 10-ring forum, lots of good info and good guys there...