close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New guy Questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GeorgeCA, Aug 24, 2002.

1. GeorgeCA

GeorgeCA Millennium Member

Hi everyone
    I am planning on going to the gssf match in piru ca in a few weeks and I was wondering, Is it worth is getting a 3.5 connector for my G17? My g17 is brand new and stock. This will be my first shooting match ever so I am a bit nervous. I mean I dont expect to win a gun or anything I just want to shoot well and have fun! I have learned so much from this site, the FAQ and your postings! anyways thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you some of you guys at Piru.
    George

2. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

Good luck at the match. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Most people put a Glock 3.5 pound connector in their gun for GSSF matches (most I know anyway). It does help with the trigger pull although it isn't really a 3.5 pound trigger pull. I feel it is certainly worth it. There are plenty of posts on how to polish the connector to get the trigger pull even smoother. Again, good luck and don't be too nervous. The people at the matches are great and the range officers are usually very helpful. Hey you never know about winning a gun. One of my first matches I won the "B" division and won a Glock. Enjoy!!!

3. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

George,
    My suggestion is not to sweat it at your first match -- just go and have fun. If you can get one quickly and install it w/o great expense, go ahead. But my feeling is to take #1 to get the feel for what's going on, watch others who seem to know what they're doing, and get rid of most of the butterflies. Then you can start playing a little more hardball. I used my G23 at my first match (all as it came from Glock exc. night sights and a G22 smooth trigger) and got my AmCiv entry fee back in the C class. Before my second match I managed to get a G17 and shot it the way it came out of the box to get my AmCiv entry fee back in B class. You've got time to get serious later.

4. Lew-G17

Lew-G17

I would not worry about gun mods until you have more time in with the Glock. I shot my first match box stock and learned a lot. Mostly SLOW DOWN! I could have taken twice as much time to shoot each course of fire and scored better by hitting the target. It is very easy to get caught up in the excitment of shooting, especially if you follow a true hotdog to the line. Just relax, have fun, and be safe.

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Unless you are really good and think you're going to be sub 100 your first match, don't worry about mods. If you make changes and don't practice enough you may even hurt your shooting. Go and enjoy the match and don't put any pressure on yourself, you'll have more fun and shoot better as well. :)