Glock Talk banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
33,936 Posts
No kidding.

Can’t fathom the number of complaints I’ve read about finger grooves. Glock finally addresses that and now folks are complaining about LACK of finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really am not seeing many complaints that the gen 5 lacks finger grooves. Far more complaints about the cut out.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
My other concern was the thickness along the right side of the frame under the right sided slide stop. Appears to be only a few microns thick. Probably not a big deal, unless I need to throw it in a MAC torture test.
This area has also been on my watch list. I keep hearing reports of this area actually protruding and flexing on trigger-pull, which implies the polymer is extremely thin in this spot.

Will this “area” on the frame be prone to stress-cracks prematurely?

· Registered
6,593 Posts
This area has also been on my watch list. I keep hearing reports of this area actually protruding and flexing on trigger-pull, which implies the polymer is extremely thin in this spot.

Time will tell.

· "Tactical Elf"
3,220 Posts

The polymer itself isn't flexing in this area, it is the slide stop/release moving when the trigger is pressed. This is because the trigger bar and slide stop run right next to each other along this area. When the trigger is pressed, the trigger bar flexes slightly, which in turn move the slide stop tab slightly.

The area that is cut out, actually has a small reinforcement tab under the slide stop. On top of the fact, this area isn't exposed to a tremendous amount of force during recoil anway.

Much ado about nothing, the frame isn't likely to fracture or fail in this area for the lifetime of the pistol. While I may not be an expert in firearms design, I have done enough work with Glocks and stress points of their frames to know this area isn't going to be a problem.

FWIW as described in the video, when I put my finger on the area described I cannot feel or see the frame or polymer move at all on either of my 5th Gen pistols. The slide stop does move slightly on both of them. Not a big deal in my opinion and does not cause any issues.

TXPO

· Registered
6,593 Posts
The area that is cut out, actually has a small reinforcement tab under the slide stop. On top of the fact, this area isn't exposed to a tremendous amount of force during recoil anway.
Much ado about nothing, the frame isn't likely to fracture or fail in this area for the lifetime of the pistol. While I may not be an expert in firearms design, I have done enough work with Glocks and stress points of their frames to know this area isn't going to be a problem.
FWIW as described in the video, when I put my finger on the area described I cannot feel or see the frame or polymer move at all on either of my 5th Gen pistols. The slide stop does move slightly on both of them. Not a big deal in my opinion and does not cause any issues.
TXPO
Thanks for the info. Good 2know.
Now, I'll go ahead with my unpop plans:
Chopped Glock17 Gen 5 cut down to 19 grip sized.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
The polymer itself isn't flexing in this area, it is the slide stop/release moving when the trigger is pressed. This is because the trigger bar and slide stop run right next to each other along this area. When the trigger is pressed, the trigger bar flexes slightly, which in turn move the slide stop tab slightly.

TXPO
Thanks for the insight. I still haven’t even held a gen 5 as of yet.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.