Glock Talk banner

New guy here with gen 5 frame question

10000 Views 54 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Klyde1776
Hello, i just wanted to introduce myself. Im corey from northeast, ohio. I just recieved my gen 5 19 gns and am still waiting on my gen 5 17 gns. I had a question about the frames not matching up with the slide that people didnt like? Im confused bc i can NOT for the life of me figure out what everyone is talking about? My frame and slide match perfectly, i honestly dont see how it could get any better? Any info is much appreciated. i am trying to post a picture but have no idea how on an iPhone.
Reactions: Seroke and rangerjd
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

· Registered
2,863 Posts
All the beta testers, erh... early buyers are going to stand firm and say no biggie. But deep down, their unbeveled frames are going to drive them crazy when they see all the newer productions have perfectly matched beveling.
Ummm no. I prefer to spend my time shooting rather than obsessing over such a small detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks everyone, im excited to be a part of this forum now. Ive always read articles on this site for a long time as a “lurker” and ive found it to be very informational on questions ive had in past. As far as the bevel thing goes, im glad i waited bc honestly my ocd would have drove me nuts about it haha.

· Registered
759 Posts
@mcclain210 - Welcome aboard and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and/or Happy Holidays! Thanks for posting the pic. Personally, I like the looks of the subcompacts' rounded nose that was carried over to the Gen 5s, but I have no real use for the ambi slide stop. For those who have never noticed, previous generations have a flared mag well (sort of), but it's internal. After handling a Gen 5 G19, I found that the notch on the front strap wasn't noticeable when gripped, but there's always been one in the rear only not as visible (and unavailable if a grip plug is inserted). There may be a Gen 5 G19 in my future. Stay safe and enjoy!

· Big-Daddy
23 Posts
Hello, i just wanted to introduce myself. Im corey from northeast, ohio. I just recieved my gen 5 19 gns and am still waiting on my gen 5 17 gns. I had a question about the frames not matching up with the slide that people didnt like? Im confused bc i can NOT for the life of me figure out what everyone is talking about? My frame and slide match perfectly, i honestly dont see how it could get any better? Any info is much appreciated. i am trying to post a picture but have no idea how on an iPhone.
My
my only grip is eliminateing the group finger grooves

· Big-Daddy
23 Posts
My only gripe is: eliminating the finger grooves on the grip.

· Registered
4,740 Posts
All the beta testers, erh... early buyers are going to stand firm and say no biggie. But deep down, their unbeveled frames are going to drive them crazy when they see all the newer productions have perfectly matched beveling.
TBH, that kept me from buying one, despite liking the other changes. I figured it would eventually get fixed. Good to see it has.

· Registered
344 Posts
TBH, the kept me from buying one, despite liking the other changes. I figured it would eventually get fixed. Good to see it has.
My other concern was the thickness along the right side of the frame under the right sided slide stop. Appears to be only a few microns thick. Probably not a big deal, unless I need to throw it in a MAC torture test.

· Big-Daddy
23 Posts
It
starts

· Big-Daddy
23 Posts
Scheer: there is NO mismatched frame! That rumor was most likely started by someone who bought a Glock 19 gen5 and realized that he couldn’t really afford it. Then, shot it a few times, then regretted that he spent about $500.00 & went back to the vender & claimed his frame was mismatched, to get his money back, followed by spreading the bad news throughout glocktalk.com Scheer: Enjoy your glock it’s first tier!

Welcome and congratulations on the new 19. I hadn't heard about an issue with the frame not matching the slide. With my gen 5 19 there is no such issue. I hope you enjoy shooting your new 19 as much as I have enjoyed shooting mine.
[/LIST]
Welcome and congratulations on the new 19. I hadn't heard about an issue with the frame not matching the slide. With my gen 5 19 there is no such issue. I hope you enjoy shooting your new 19 as much as I have enjoyed shooting mine.[/QUOTE
Welcome and congratulations on the new 19. I hadn't heard about an issue with the frame not matching the slide. With my gen 5 19 there is no such issue. I hope you enjoy shooting your new 19 as much as I have enjoyed shooting mine.

· Registered
278 Posts
Scheer: there is NO mismatched frame! That rumor was most likely started.....[/LIST]
Yeah, there is. The one in the video linked above lacks the bevel on the frame.

Just noticed there are a couple different pics of the 5’s in the Glock catalog and one looks to have the beveled frame and the other doesn’t.

· Registered
2,863 Posts
If you want grooves, there are still options for that........ ie gen 4 maybe?
No kidding.

Can’t fathom the number of complaints I’ve read about finger grooves. Glock finally addresses that and now folks are complaining about LACK of finger grooves.
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.