Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i just wanted to introduce myself. Im corey from northeast, ohio. I just recieved my gen 5 19 gns and am still waiting on my gen 5 17 gns. I had a question about the frames not matching up with the slide that people didnt like? Im confused bc i can NOT for the life of me figure out what everyone is talking about? My frame and slide match perfectly, i honestly dont see how it could get any better? Any info is much appreciated. i am trying to post a picture but have no idea how on an iPhone.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Yes, the Gen5 front frame contour now matches that of the slide. I believe this new frame design is very recent.

Congratulations on waiting out Glock until they corrected this obvious aesthetic oversight of the previous Gen5 frames. :)

The whole Gen5 design departs quite radically from earlier generations, especially in much more significant areas such as slide lock and spring, slide stop lever and spring, trigger spring, firing pin safety, firing pin, and trigger bar. Except for the ambidextrous slide stop lever, the changes appear to be positive improvements. But I still would not buy a Gen5 until at least a year has gone by to allow time to detect and correct the inevitable problems from such massive mechanical modification. The frame bevel is the first notable post-introduction correction. There are likely to be others in time.

Welcome to Glock Talk!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, the Gen5 front frame contour now matches that of the slide. I believe this new frame design is very recent.

Congratulations on waiting out Glock until they corrected this obvious aesthetic oversight of the previous Gen5 frames. :)

The whole Gen5 design departs quite radically from earlier generations, especially in much more significant areas such as slide lock and spring, slide stop lever and spring, trigger spring, firing pin safety, firing pin, and trigger bar. Except for the ambidextrous slide stop lever, the changes appear to be positive improvements. But I still would not buy a Gen5 until at least a year has gone by to allow time to detect and correct the inevitable problems from such massive mechanical modification. The frame bevel is the first notable post-introduction correction. There are likely to be others in time.

Welcome to Glock Talk!
What other changes do you see happening? That was really the only gripe ive seen from reading on here and other message boards and its fixed now. I love the magwell cutout and all of the other changes just from doing practices with it today. The trigger feels great too.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Welcome to GT! Congrats on the Gen5 and thanks for sharing the pic of the now beveled frame to match the slide.

Does your Gen5 still have the half moon cutout at the bottom front of grip?

·
Registered
344 Posts
All the beta testers, erh... early buyers are going to stand firm and say no biggie. But deep down, their unbeveled frames are going to drive them crazy when they see all the newer productions have perfectly matched beveling.

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
I picked up my 19.5 in August and both the slide and frame are beveled. They don't match perfectly but the difference is miniscule. Less than the thickness of a business card. I think this whole beveled slide / frame mismatch was blown out of proportion by Gen5 haters.

Oh, and OP, congrats and welcome to GT. :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts